close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 27 Questions

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by NewGlocker28, Feb 5, 2010.

1. NewGlocker28

NewGlocker28

Hey Everyone. I bought my first handgun 2-3 weeks ago, the Glock 22. My Glock addiction is in full force and I am of course already planning my next purchase. Since I bought a full size Glock first, I plan on buying something for conceal carry once I get my permit. I have two questions regarding the Glock 27.

1) How the heck do you guys hold it? Pics would be great. I'm a big guy and I guess my hands are a little big (which is why I went with the 22 over the 23 to begin with). I've handled the 26 and 27 at stores before and just can't figure out how I'd handle it comfortably and confidently in a situation where I'd have to use it.

2) IF you put a mag/pinky extension on it, how much smaller is it than the 23? (besides the barrell being shorter of course).

As always, thanks for the advice and input.

2. GeorgeBurdell

GeorgeBurdell

3. Glockster84

Glockster84

yes hickok45 is the man!

4. mlemonds

mlemonds

i got the 27 to carry concealed and have one of the pierce +1 grip extenders on order.

I am only getting the +1 extender for trips to the range. I have shot without and can still maintain fairly tight groupings without the extender and everything within a silhouette target at 25 yd. more than acceptable for my expectations of a concealed carry gun.

in the picture I partially ejected the mag of the 27 to approximately where i remember the extender coming to.

I could not justify the purchase of the 23 as a compliment to the 27 because it isnt too much smaller.

pictured below
    G27
    G23
    G22

[​IMG]

5. randyr5

randyr5

6. beancounter81

beancounter81

Like the OP, my first Glock was (still is) a G22. Liked it over the 23 because I have big hands. I later bought a G27 and really like the little thing! Another vote here for the GAP floorplates. They give you a really secure grip without making the gun grip any longer. Pinky curled underneath works fine for me. I've even tried shooting my G22 with pinky extended - didn't affect my accuracy at all. I don't think the pinky really adds anything to the strength of your grip.

7. Glock30 Guy

Glock30 Guy XD40

Big hands here too and I have no trouble getting a good grip on mine. I added the Pearce Extension. It just takes getting used to when I go from the G30 or big Sig P226 to the G27. Just practice.