close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 27 Police Issue Mag question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Saila22, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Saila22

Saila22

Picked up a new never used G27 which was orig mfg for PD use. Came with two 9 round mags featuring the finger grip. Picked up a Glock 9 round flat base mag and when loaded with 9 rounds I cannot get the slide to cycle????? Does this possibly have something to do with it being a PD mfg gun? The two that came with the gun have noted on the mag "for PD and Govt use only". Any ideas?

2. MikeNH

MikeNH

PD use means nothing, the stamp on the mag likely indicates they were made during the assault weapons ban. The best thing I could recommend would be to load rounds into one of the functional mags and do the same with the suspect one and examine both for any differences.

With the new one being a flat base plate, could you possibly not be fully seating the mag?

3. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

The two mags that came with the gun have the 7151 '+' extension on them and hold ten rounds...right? Like the one on the left?:
    [​IMG]

When you load the 9 round mag and put it in the gun with the slide closed, it's hard to pull the slide back because the mag is new and the rounds are very tight in it. This makes a difference because the pickup rail on the bottom of the slide has to push the rounds down into the magazine a touch more as you retract the slide.

The simple solution is to lock the slide open, insert the loaded mag, and close the slide to chamber the top round from the mag.

If you want to load with ten (9+1), remove the mag and put another round in it, then put it back in the gun. Be sure to test fire the gun some when fully loaded like this prior to carry/use for SD....gotta be sure it functions OK.

The mag should loosen up some with use too.

4. Saila22

Saila22

They have the 7151+ printed on the bottom of the base. But, I believe it only holds nine rounds. I'll have to work with mags to determine problem, but your comments are helpful. Thanks!

5. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Actually, it should hold 11 rounds......the one I have here on my desk has 11 in it.

The reason it has the LEO/Govt markings stamped on the tube is because it holds more than 10 rounds, and it was made during the ban.

Also! Welcome to GlockTalk!

6. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

What Butch said, my EDC mags have 9 in the flat carry mag, 11 in the 7151+2 mag, thats why they sell the defense ammo in twenty (20) rd boxes, just for me! Seroiusly, new mags take time to break in. I am sure your new mag feels like it won't feed, but if handled properly and with the force necesary, will feed and function fine.

7. Bobcatbaseball

Bobcatbaseball

My Glock 33 .357 mags will actually get a 10th round in with less force than it took to load ten rounds in my G30 ten round mag. I won`t ever load 10 in my 9 round mag again just because it`s not a good idea. But Glock mags are kinda finicky in their capacity for some reason.