Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i know this has been covered a hundred times over. I tried to search I got varying opinions though. So I want to know from you guys with a G27, "that actually carry in your pocket" is this a practical way to carry your 27?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey guys i know this has been covered a hundred times over. I tried to search I got varying opinions though. So I want to know from you guys with a G27, "that actually carry in your pocket" is this a practical way to carry your 27?
yes.
pat

·
Green/Marksman
735 Posts
Provided you practice diligent safety and due common sense, use a pocket holster, and wear cargo pants or pants with similarly deep pockets made of thick material, yes.

If you skimp on the pants and go with slacks, you'll tend to print or have a conspicuous bulge.

I also suggest a good belt, even though the gun is in a pocket, as it really helps to support the weight.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have been carrying a S&W model 38 in my pocket for about a month. You need a deep pocket to cover the whole gun. Even my airweight is heavy in my pocket and weights down my pants a bit on that side. The weight also swings when in a cargo pocket which takes some getting use to. With that said I can't image carrying my 27 in my pocket. I think I will stick with my IWB and belt holster.

·
Registered
417 Posts
i wear either cargo shorts or cargo jeans with an un-tucked golf shirt or a sweatshirt. very comfortable. i can't pull it off with any other clothing options.

·
~ Old Warrior ~
530 Posts
If the pocket is big enough and if the Glock is in a pocket holster then to me, yes. But I'd need a cargo sized pocket or I wouldn't be able to get it out! :wow:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
It can be done.

A word of caution, use a holster if carrying in condition 1.

About 10 yrs. ago the local high sheriff decided he liked the ideal of carrying his Glock 26 in his pocket and he did it without a holster and in condition 1 and he cramped other crap in the pocket as well including keys and of course pulling his keys out one morning Barney Fife blew a nice 9mm hold through his foot...

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
I have been carrying a S&W model 38 in my pocket for about a month. You need a deep pocket to cover the whole gun. Even my airweight is heavy in my pocket and weights down my pants a bit on that side. The weight also swings when in a cargo pocket which takes some getting use to. With that said I can't image carrying my 27 in my pocket. I think I will stick with my IWB and belt holster.
I've posted this many times on GT in the past.
My J-frame S+W 642 does not hide as well as my G27 in a front pocket. The 27 is heavier but the butt of the gun sits much lower. The revolver is wider and the butt sticks out longer.
A good pair of shorts, a good belt, and a pocket holster, you'll be ok.
If YOU can get used to it.
LOL.
I'll take ten rounds over 5 any day.:upeyes:

·
~ Old Warrior ~
530 Posts
^^^^...or carry two for balance! :rofl:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Pocket carring a G26/27 is very easy in cargo shorts/pants or khakis. Its real comfortable too. I have pocket holster from grandfather oak holsters that works great. If your going to do it, it helps to have either the standard, flat mag base plates or the one's from gap enterprises. Thats what I use. I have alot of other guns that are your more typical pocket gun, (S&W 642, Kahr MK9, Keltec P3AT), however its nice to have that kind of firepower hiding in your pocket.:supergrin:

·
Registered
233 Posts
I carry a G26 in my pocket on a daily basis -- but it really depends on your build and the clothing your wear. When I buy pants I make sure that the pockets are large enough to hold my holstered G26 and something to help break up the line of the gun.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright for you guys that answered that actually do carry the 27 in your pocket. What holster do you use??
thanks for the help guys, im really looking into this right now.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I bought a 27 with the idea of pocket carry. I too had read here that it was easy to do. It does not work for me. I love the gun and it has become my primary, but I am more comfortable with it on my belt or ankle. The gun will fit into a pocket of even blue jeans, but for me even in slacks, it is obvious and I would need a cover shirt to hide it. It just does not work for me. It may work for some and I have read that it does in many sources, just not for me. YMMV

TEX

·
Registered
5 Posts
I pocket carry my 26 in my front pocket with jeans and a golf shirt or t-shirt untucked and long enough to cover the pocket. The butt of the gun sticks out with the rest in the holster. The holster I use is a no-name and was intended for small of the back(which I hated).

·
Registered
20 Posts
I dismantled my CTAC and use it with my 27 in my front pocket. Could never get comfortable with it IWB. I can get away with it easily in loose shorts with good roomy pockets. I typically wear cargo shorts, but dont carry it in the cargo pocket. I have a Beltman belt and it helps support the pants and all is well!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yes. The shoulder holster was the impractical way to go. The pocket is a great alternative to something like Galco's "Summer Comfort" holster. Rather than a holster, I go with a dedicated pocket. At 6'7" I am a pretty noticeable guy, but I have not had any problems with "Printing." Think about the reasons you would need to draw your weapon, and the acceptable motions thereafter. Reaching into your pocket is a natural and acceptable reaction to "Give me your wallet/money!," whereas reaching for a shoulder holster, belly band, ankle holster or most IWB's would not be an option that would give you a tactical advantage. As always, I would have to stress the importance of frequenting a range facility that allows you to practice shooting from the hip, and on the way to a full presentation (Or practice at home with your Crimson Trace pressure pad) but I would say that 90+% of the time I cc, it is in my front pocket.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 50 Posts