close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock 27 connecter

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mattrhood, Feb 15, 2003.

1. mattrhood

mattrhood

today i dissassembeled my 27 to clean it .in the process i broke the connecter. i was wondering what a 3.5 # connecter would do compared to a 5# connecter.would the lighter change my trigger pull.

2. Glockster_James

Glockster_James Man W/ A Badge

Yes, dropping from a 5# connector to a 3.5# connector will change your trigger pull. The first thing you'll notice is how much slack there is before you feel the actual weight before it fires. The second thing you'll notice is the lighter pull weight.

Just curious though...how did you break the connector? ;I

3. mattrhood

mattrhood

i used a pair of needle nose pliers to pull it out instead of the dissasembly tool and bent it when i went to bend it back it snapped.if i change to the 3.5# connecter do i need to change anything else

4. Screaming .357G

Screaming .357G 598ci big block

No just the connector.

You may want to get a 3.5 and a normal 5.5 at the same time just incase you dont like the feel.
    The 3.5 feels kinda mushy to me but I do have in in some of my glocks.

5. Glockster_James

Glockster_James Man W/ A Badge

Screaming is right, all you have to do is change the connector. And like he said, wouldn't hurt to pick up both connectors cause then you can see what you think between the two.

In addition though, if you have two connectors you can take the one thats not in the housing, and take the end that would slide in, turn around and use it on the opposite side of the housing to push out the connector. :) Or if you've got a small flathead screw driver, that'll do the trick too to lift the connector out. Goodluck. ;I

6. 132

If you pulled on the old connector hard enough to bend it, be sure you didn't damage the trigger mechanism housing (unlikely). If the new connector fits tight, you're OK. If it's loose, replace the housing.