close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 27- Best All Around IMO

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Van45, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Van45

Van45

I am hooked on the G 27. Ive had mine about 3 weeks and it goes everywhere with me. From my job as a police department supervisor to my 30 minute walks before dawn to the ball park. This gun shoots well, is very accurate, and conceals easily. I shot one the first time in 1995 when they were first coming out at a police firearms instructor seminar and could not believe the accuracy. It took several years and several high dollar 1911's to finally realize that the G 27 is best. I have new G 22 for duty holster use.:)

2. thin blue line

thin blue line

Van - I have the opportunity to purchased a rarely used Kimber full size royal I of 1997 vintage. I have owned glocks and other semi autos/revolvers and am being told that the kimber is the "ferrari" of handguns. Sounds to me like I may be disappointed after owning glocks. Are the Kimbers all Hype???

Thanx...TBL

3. MStarmer

MStarmer In Jail...

Don't mind if I but in a little. I have a little experience with the 1911 type autos. As far as high dollar 1911's I own a Les Baer "Thunder Ranch Special" and had a D+L Sports Custom, both of which are not cheap. As far as Kimber being the "ferrari" of 1911's I would say no. As far as them being great guns for the money, yes. You can spend WAY more money than on a Kimber. As far as out of the box weapons go, I would never trust my life to a 1911 that had not been "tuned" by a reputable smith. All my Glock's I load before I take home knowing they will work, feed, and keep working. Most 1911's don't feed hollowpoint ammo with reliability without using premium magazines like Wilson and having the extractor tuned. The Kimber's are getting a great name and are a bargain, not as much as a Glock but still a bargain. Beware once you get bitten by the 1911 bug it's hard to stop customizing, that's why I only own the one now because it's perfect the way it sits and will function flawlessly always. But it was at the price of three or four new Glocks...... No matter what I still think my G27 is my favorite pistol I've owned. Had it for about 2 weeks so far and put 500 rnds thru it. Awesome concealabilty and awesome firepower......

MStarmer

4. Van45

Van45

The Kimber is probaly the best buy for a 1911. The Les Baer Thunder Ranch pistol I owned never shot to point of aim. TRS shot to the left. I had to drift the front sight all the way to one side and also adjust the rear sight. Not good for a $1500 dollar pistol. I called Mr. Baer and he acted like he did not believe me. But back to my original topic, for the money the Glock pistol is the best buy on the market. And I love the G27.

5. jdrobins

jdrobins

My Kimber is sweet as can be, Shoot's POA, slide is like it's on bearings, 99.9% reliable (.1% is with Fed Hydro's), and best of all it's not the High dollar model, Just a Custom Compact.

My colt was never quite this good, And although I love the 40's my Glock 33 is one sweet shooting pistol:cool:

Jim

6. matt3310

matt3310 who me???

i have a 27 with the lasermax laser and you couldnt buy it from me for anything!!! best gun i own. ive got 6 glocks 2 walthers, 2 sigs, S&W, and a beretta and the 27 is by far my fav!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;f

7. RonT

RonT

I own one gun and it is a G27. I love that little gun! I will never get rid of it.

Ron

8. mr. adam

mr. adam tragically hip!

matt3310, what model walther do you own??

9. matt3310

matt3310 who me???

IVE GOT 2 NOW. A P22 AND A P99. THE 22 IS AWFULL IT JAMS ALL THE TIME!!!! I WOULD NOT RECOMEND IT. THE P99 IS FLAWLESS. GREAT!!! VERY ACCURATE AND TONS OF FUN TO SHOT!!! THE CHANGEABLE BACKSTRAP IS WORTH ITS WEIGHT IN GOLD!!! I HEAR THEY ARE GOING TO QUITE MAKING THESE IN GERMANY??? GET ONE WHILE YOU CAN IF THIS IS TRUE!!;a