close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 27 Barrel

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Dennis T, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Dennis T

Dennis T

Have a Glock 33 ....... love it, and actually am getting great target grouping with it. However I would like to get the price of ammo down in my practice sessions. So like many of you have done, I would like to retro-fit a 40 SW barrel in it. Did a google search and found OEM Barrels at Top Glock. Com. These "Storm Lake Barrels" .... are they good quality? ($99) Will they be Black ?
    And lastly, ........ do I have to order 40 Magazines, or will the 357 magazines work with the 40 barrel? Have you guys found any other reputable barrel manufacturers ? And is it possible to get a 40 (Glock 27) barrel directly from Glock.

Thanks alot Dennis:)

2. salvo

salvo Pass the ammo

3. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

I bought a factory G-27 barrel for my G-33.My G-33 is a very early one from when they first came out.The G-27 barrel I have is very recent.The early G-33 magazines don't really work with the 40 S&W or at least mine look so different I wouldm't try it.The more recent G-33 look a lot more like G-27 magazines.Some people claim they will work.My recent G-27 barrel has a more vertical,shorter feed ramp than the early ones.It doesn't seem to feed as "smoothly" but it works.It has more chamber support than the early G-27 barrels.The cartridge kind of "jumps" in to it rather than just sliding in it.It seems to hit the feed ramp a bit harder at a different angle.I had a cheap Federal Arms 40 S&W barrel before.I would strongly recommend getting a factory Glock barrel.I have a 9mm conversion barrel but I'm now looking for a complete G-26 slide and barrel.

4. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

When I bought my G-27 barrel more than a year ago it was the last one around and there was a shortage of Glock 40 S&W for all models.I've bought a few things from Lone Wolf,they have been good to deal with.I bought my 9mm conversion barrel and rubber grip sleeve from Lone Wolf.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com

5. Dennis T

Dennis T

Thanks for the reply guys !!!!
    Went to the Lone Wolf website, and found exactly what you described.
    Will call them tomorrow ........ I'm still confused as to why they would list the G-27, and the G-33 magazines seperately if they will each work in either gun ??????

Thanks again ..... Dennis

6. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

The magazines are marked "40" and "357" to help keep users from mixing up ammo in different weapons.There used to be a slight difference in them.There may still or maybe not but people say recent ones interchange without problems,My early G-33 mags have a guide lip on the top that runs close to the bullet.On my first magazine this broke off and Glock sent me a new one.

7. meshmdz

meshmdz OBAMA 2012

dennis, how is the G33? i have thought about making that my next glock but i am a 9mm man and i thought about getting the G17. your thoughts?

8. Dennis T

Dennis T

This was my first Glock, as I have mostly been a SIG. guy. I was so impressed with the accuracy of this pistol, and the ease of shooting it that I sent away for a 357 sig barrell for my 229 Sig. (was shooting 40 SW out of it).
    The 357 barrell in the SIG tightened my groups considerably. I would shoot 357 sig rounds all the time, but I can get 40 SW bullets for about half the price. (target ammo that is) Thus my desire to get a 40 barrel for the Glock 33.
    Can't really compare the 357 Glock 33 to anything that shoots 9MM cause I don't have a pistol in that caliber. (my Sigs are 40, and 45 cal.)
    Hope this helps !!!!

Dennis

9. jim301

jim301

I bought a federal arms barrel for my 27 several years ago just to use for reloads. I ended up using the federal barrel for all my loads.It is a stainless barrel. I think it was was $89 from lone wolf. It has more case support than the glock barrel.