Glock 27 and mepro's

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by gonzopopo, Sep 7, 2007.

1. gonzopopo

gonzopopo

I just had my local gunstore mount a new set of meprolights on my new G27. When I showed up for pickup the front sight post was slightly "cockeyed". The clerk quickly took it back and adjusted it and now it looks perfect. I was just wondering if this happens alot and if this is something I have to worry about happening after a range session. He informed me he'd used loctite on the sights and it shouldnt be an issue, but would'nt his readjustment have broken the loctite's hold? Also, how long should I wait after the sights were mounted to actually shoot. Any information would be appreciated.

2. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

Relax, Meps are just screwed on the front, All he did was unscrewed it, put some more loctite, and tightened it back up in a straighter line. You can do this hundreds of times, breaking loctite is not like breaking a weld, it does NO harm. Dries overnight.

3. rotorhead

rotorhead

Shoot it tommorrow.

4. js1392

js1392

I've got a G27 that's been wearing Mepros for 11 years now. They've never once gone out of alignment after being mounted. Shoot the holy heck out of it, and don't worry about it.