close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 27 40 to 9 conversion

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Cool Impala Glocker, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Cool Impala Glocker

Cool Impala Glocker NRA Member

(mods..if this is in the wrong forum...or is leading to offtopic by not using glock's accessories..much apologies and please move to appropriate forum)

Hi there!! Got a question I'd like some of youse opinions. I have a G27 and I was talking to my gun dealer about maybe doing a 40 to 9 conversion by dropping in a 9mm barrel through glocks parts place or whatever.

He was VERY ADAMANT that I should not drop in a 40 to 9 conversion because he said "If you're gonna get a 9...you might as well just buy the gun itself and what a lot of people dont know is..if you drop the barrel in..you need to buy 9's mags."

I know that but, looking from a financial standpoint, would it be cheaper to get the barrel, and mags itself? Would I get any good trade-in and just pay the difference in a G27 to G26?

I was thinking of doing the 9 drop in and keepin the 40 for if I ever want to go back to 40 cal.

Opinons? No flaming...just want to know pro's and cons.

Thanks!

2. sgtlmj

sgtlmj NRA Life Member Millennium Member

#1, gun dealers want to deal more guns, so of course he's going to tell you to buy a 9mm.

#2, do a search for "conversion" or "40-9" and you'll come up with hundreds of threads about this. Folks have really good luck with a conversion barrel and some mags.

New Glock, ~$450
    40-9 bbl, $100
    2 mags, $44 (or if you go with Khan mags, $20)
    Difference = ~$300

That's a lot of ammo.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010

3. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Some years ago I bought a 9mm, .357 barrels for my G27. I called Glock to see what they said about this. The guy said that it should work fine. I bought 9mm magazines, for the .357 the .40 mags work fine. I have never had any problems. I would advise anyone to do this if they are thinking about it. You get a chance to feel out the other calibers before getting into a large financial commitment.

And it's fun.

4. tinman517

tinman517

My favorite handgun, at this moment , is my G23.

Reason . . . When going to the range, I simply take my G23, a Lone Wolf 40-9 conversion barrel and 3 magazines from my G19, and my AA 22lr. conversion kit slide . Now, I am shooting 3 different calibers with one gun. The LWD 40-9 conversion barrel is an excellent performer. I have never had any issues with it.

Having said the above . . . Once at home and everything is cleaned up, the .40 barrel goes back into the slide of the G23. If I ever had to use this particular G23 for HD, I definitely want the factory barrel in its right place.

5. BobKat

BobKat

I do pretty much the same thing with my G23. I purchased a .40 - 9 Lone Wolf barrel, 4, G17 KCI mags and 2 Glock G17 mags. The KCI mags even came with dual mag pouches. I have run about 600 rounds of 9mm and 450 rounds of .40 (with G23 mags) without any failures. The only annoying thing is the casing often ejects straight back. Small price to pay, IMO. I return to the .40 barrel and mags after cleanup and the G23 returns to the Supertuck.

Btw, I find no difference in function between the Glock mags and the KCI mags.