Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am going to pick up a glock 27 4 gen tomorrow and wanted to know if there are any other 27 4 gen owners out there that want to talk me out of it? I know people are bashing them, but i had my share of new guns and worked out issues with them (kahr p380, sig p238) so I am sure the gen 4 will be fine. Feel free to chime in, and I know we will be beating the horse on this one!

·
Part Time
4,758 Posts
I picked one up two weeks ago and 650 problem free rounds so far. Trigger pull is a bit hard but its lightened up from shooting & a lot of dry firing. The finish wears pretty easy though (my new gen 4 already looks older than all my gen 3s.)

·
Registered
823 Posts
(my new gen 4 already looks older than all my gen 3s.)
Wow.. In just a couple of weeks? That is terribly dissapointing to hear.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it looks older? holster wear or what? I am not too worried about the trigger pull, that can be fixed in time, and besides my duty weapon is a m9 which we all know takes a lot of pull in double action!

·
FL Glocker #182
1,160 Posts
Picking my gen 4 G27 tomorrow as well. I do not anticipate any issues whatsoever with this .40 cal. For me personally the extra $50 over the price of a gen 3 was worth it (extra mag, textured grip, backstraps, nice mag release). I was concerned about the gen 4 uproar as well, but unless someone posts a REALLY good reason not to get the gen 4 G27 I will have one in my hands this time tomorrow.

·
Part Time
4,758 Posts
it looks older? holster wear or what? I am not too worried about the trigger pull, that can be fixed in time, and besides my duty weapon is a m9 which we all know takes a lot of pull in double action!
Holster wear and a few silver nicks where empty brass has made contact with the slide. Also installing night sights removed some of the finish (I used the same tool-Glockmeister-on my other gen 3 Glocks without any scratching.)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, i am lucky enough to pick it up for the same price, so i figured what the heck.... you anywhere near brevard county?

·
Glock Sportsman
1,363 Posts
Why do you need someone to tell you not to get it, the decision is yours. If you know thats what you want.......... go and get it... Ok!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
gotcha, best of luck with yours, i'll try to get to the range soon and i'll shoot you a pm and let you know how mine functions!

·
FL Glocker #182
1,160 Posts
I will shoot you a PM as well. Likely will get to the range later in the week. I felt similar to you, but I think these forums (much like any forum) sometimes provides too much information. To the point of brain scramble. I kind of miss the days where you went and got something because, as the earlier poster said, you liked it and it was good for you. I think about all of the research I do on damn near every purchase I make and I go crazy. From Glocks to door locks someone out there has an opinion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts