close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 26>???

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ULVER, Jun 16, 2006.

1. ULVER

ULVER Dixie Rebel

OK---This is the deal! I have a pair of Glock 17's going back to 1986. They are like my kids. I shoot them the best. With modern Ranger T's/Gold Dots, I have faith in their ability to stop aggression.

I want to know what you think of the Glock 26>???

I have a person wanting to trade me his 26, w/ 200 rounds thru it, for a M-23 I have new. The 23 just doesn't make my hand happy. The 26 w/ the PLUS mags, DOES!

Overall, what is the reliability of the 26>??? It's role, would be as one would carry a SNUB-.38...

THOUGHTS>???

2. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

The G26 is simply awesome and its reliabilty is unmatched! It's an outstanding carry pistol.

3. gunman_23

gunman_23 GOOGLE IT

Well, I feel the 26 would serve extremely well in the role of a deep concealment gun (i.e .38's role IYHO) or for standard concealed carry/self defense.
    As far as reliability...whats the reliability of your two decade old G17s?
    I would say the modern G26 would match if not exceed the reliability of your G17s.

Just my .02

4. blue0623

blue0623 2B1ASK1

As that's what I carry, I have to agree the the 26 is outstanding!!! Don't think you will regret the trade.

5. LH2

LH2

If you're not crazy about your 23, then make the trade.

Rarely is anybody unhappy with their 26. The 26 and 19 are the most popular Glocks for a reason.

6. ULVER

ULVER Dixie Rebel

I appreciate the opinions. I want to say, I did NOT like the dangling pinky thing. Completely sucked to me. The minute I was shown one with the entension, everything changed 100%. Felt better than a Smith M-60, and strangely enough, better than the 23. My grip feels perfect on a 17 with Hougue Hand-alls. With the 23 they feel cramped. The 26 with the extension feels sweet again. Go figure!

Favorite carry loads??? I was thinking the CorBon 115gr. JHP might be slowed down just enough to gain a couple inches penetration. Any thoughts on the God Dot designed for short barrels?

I will post on "Caliber Corner" just for fun...

I sure like this "Niners" forum. Rational common sense shooters...;)

7. ULVER

ULVER Dixie Rebel

The gun I am trading for has a serial number of:
    FVA***

Does anyone know if this batch had any recalls or issues?

And I found out I will be getting several mags. One has a Scherer brand extension, the other a Scherer +2. Good stuff? I had only seen Pierce extensions before.

Thanks again!!!:)

8. hotpig

hotpig IAFF Local 4766 CLM

I sell a lot of RA9T to people that prefer it in their G26.

9. Hugo R

Hugo R Gaff G26 User!

I too absolutely :hearts: my G17's. So much so that I trust my life to them. The only other gun I feel that strongly about? The GLOCK 26!

I carry one everyday...allday. I am NOT bothered by the dangling pinky and I carry her with the standard 11 round magazine...but that's me, everyone is different.

I stoke all my GLOCK's with Speer 124gr. GDHP which I find a very easy round to shoot quickly and accurately. For practice I shoot the WWB 115gr. FMJ.

The G26 is defintely the way to go for daily concealed carry...IMHO! :cool:

10. fastbolt

fastbolt

I'm of a slightly different personal preference ...

If I could only own ONE Glock, it would be the G26.

Fits my hand better than either the G17 or G19. Something about the ergonomics of the shortened grip profile that works well for me.

I carry the stock 10-round magazine in the pistol, and sometimes a Pearce curved floor plate on the spare(s). The curved floor plate does make for easier loading because it sticks down below my hand, which sticks a bit lower than the bottom of the grip.

Shooting the G26 (and even my G27) with the stock magazine floor plates took a bit of an adjustment ... as it did with my CS45 and the non-curved magazine butt plates ... but I've found the unsupported, curled little finger doesn't adversely affect my shooting at all.

Well, the increased snap of the .40 S&W in the G27 can eventually cause some tingling in my little finger.;) Distal knuckle and floor plate impact under sustained shooting conditions ...

Non-factory floor plates can sometimes change things a bit, though. In some of my G26/27 magazines it can change the way the last round will fit. Also, some folks have reported that the occasional non-factory extended floor plate may affect the normally reliable functioning when used on magazines in their pistols. Dunno. I wouldn't be surprised to learn of the potential for a certain amount of tolerance stack issues to arise when non-factory parts are combined with factory parts.

Take a look at the difference in the stcok & non-factory floor plates when it comes to things like the smoothness and thickness of the rails and surface edges where the magazine body meets the floor plate, and the dimensions involved in how the insert rests on the floor plates.

Also, some folks have reported the possibility of some occasional magazine & grip frame/magazine well combinations having dimensions perhaps allowing excessive movement on the part of the magazine body when the little finger exerts pressure against the finger extension ... which might be related to some feeding issues.

I've found that my Pearce floor plates seem to 'fit' on some G26 magazine bodies better than some others. Odd ... but there you go. I only use a few of them on some of the magazines, and those magazines generally get used more for spare carry (and some range use, of course), but mostly for the added length which seems to be an advantage during rapid reloading, especially while moving. Functioning has been fine with the magazines on which the floor plates seem to 'fit' better ...

The G26 is an outstanding little pistol.

FWIW, you don't hear (or read) of too many folks who encounter functioning issues with them ... not like you can with the larger compact and full-size platforms. I don't know what that means, if anything, but it doesn't seem as though there are many dissatisfied G26 owners/users.

11. DHart

DHart

On my Glock 29, the Pearce grip extender for pinky does affect reliable functioning of the last round on occasion... weird, huh? I guess the pressure against the bottom of the mag rearward cants the top of the mag a little more forward, perhaps, somehow affecting reliability...

12. PaulBk

PaulBk Grumpy Grandpa

I replaced my J frame with a G26 a few years ago. Ergonomics work great for me. Mine has a little over 6,000 flawless rounds through it so far, 1,000 of those Fed HST's. It will be the last gun I would ever give up.

-PB

13. petedalaw

petedalaw Idiot Savant

comparing the G26 to a J frame is like apples to oranges. Different fruits for different taste buds. If you like ankle carry, you can't beat an airweight J Frame. It conceals much easier and doesn't flop around as much. Pocket gun, J Frame. Belt gun, IWB, OWB, Smartcarry, etc., the 26 has the J beat. More rounds (comforting to have a minimum of 11 on deck as opposed to 5),
    easier to shoot quickly and accurately, More energy.
    I have one of each, and carry the 26 much more frequently. I have yet to have a malfunction, and that includes shooting old Amerc ammunition, which f-ed up some of my other 9mm's. When I can't carry the 26, normally due to dress, I carry the titanium J. So, I guess I carry my 26 about 95%of the time.

14. ShipWreck

ShipWreck Beretta 92 Nut!

I carried a Glock 26 for 8 years - never a problem.Ended up trading for a Walther P99c - prefer that now. But if U are a super Glock fan, it is a nice gun :)

15. brownie

brownie QuickKill Instr

I carried 1911's for over 20 years.

I now carry either a g17 or g26 [ depending on the heat of the summer here in trhe desert ]. Glocks are ultra reliable, need little to no maintenance, rusdt proof for the most part, and are easy to shoot [ in 9mm caliber ] so rapidly, that two rounds leave the barrel in less than .50 seconds from the first shot for three shots inside .50 seconds with excellent combat accuracy.

I'm carrying the g26 daily now in the summer heat with a spare on the offside. Both mags have the glock +2 extensions, with one reload, thats 25 rds with one in the pipe on hand. More than I'll ever need in any scenario likely.

I work ocassionally at a gun shop, we get 4 armed bangers in who want to take over and rob the place, that still enough ammo to tke care of business with one reload and they spit out of the gun like bees, nary a one missing the mark, for the g26 shoots like a 22 for me.

Do I like the g26? I think so.

Brownie

16. Wallygator

Wallygator

17. dhoomonyou

dhoomonyou

I Agree.

18. FP2000H

FP2000H I'm awesome

I gotta say that the extension kind of defeats the purpose of the G26 as a sub-compact. If you feel better with the extension, you should just get a G19 and have 15 round mags at your disposal. The +2 extension is going to give you the length of a G19 frame practically, which is contrary to the intent of the 26 design which is ultimate concealability. Use the extensions at the range to augment your practice but also plan to do a lot of one-handed shooting in its natural configuration would be my advice. Hard to go wrong with a Glock, especially their 9mm's, in my opinion, the flagship of their product line.

19. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I carry my G26 all day every day and am both happy and confident in it.

It is currently my only handgun and I do not believe there is anything else I would rather have.

Lots of good ammo choices for 9mm. I use Speer Gold Dots. Currently 147gr in the gun with 124gr in my spare magazine.