Glock 26 vs P99 Compact

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Tracer, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Tracer

Tracer

Can anyone give me a subjective opinion on the differences,especially with respect to the trigger?
    Thanks
    tracer2@charter.net

(Any P99 compacts for sale in DFW?)

2. bac1023

bac1023

I have the P99c and used to have a G26, before a traded it for my G33. I would give the edge to the P99c. Accuracy is about the same, for me anyway. Neither gun ever malfunctioned on me. They are about the same size and weight. The P99 compact is really a subcompact.

The Walther has more standard features. It includes adjustable sights, a rail, an interchangable backstrap, and a pinky extension on one of the mags. The G26 comes with none of that.

The P99c also feels better in my hands. I have the SA trigger on my P99c. It works great for me and the gun has a decocker button as well. I believe this makes the gun safer to carry with a round in the chamber than the G26.

3. bac1023

bac1023

By the way, if you want more responses, post in the non-Glock firearm section. It gets much more traffic. :)

4. Don R

Don R Millennium Member

The 99c is far and away my favorite between the two. 26s have come and gone, but the 99c is going to be with me for a long time.

5. jmoln

jmoln

This will be close - I own/owned two P99's, two G19's, and a G26 but have only handled the P99C in a tradeshow setting. One of the primary reasons for selling my P99's is the backstrap-to-trigger distance. The Glock trigger is at just the right distance for my hand and since it acts like a SA it always has the same pull length. The Walther on the other hand is a little long in DA and way too short in SA. I've tried all three backstraps and they don't help. I just cannot get good control with the P99 trigger. That combined with the lower felt-recoil of the Glock (especially the 26) makes me subjectivly like the Glock better - that and the fact the target results don't lie!

6. General Sherman

General Sherman

Speaking of the P99C has anybody found an IWB holster for same that is quality? Equal to Sidearmor or Sparks?

7. autospike

autospike

I ordered a Comp-Tac C-T.A.C. for my P99 Compact.
    It fits fine - albeit a bit long.
    Note that they told me it *would not* fit.

Also, the fine folks at FIST are making me one in leather. It's their #19.

The ultimate would be a Sparks VMII, but they aren't making one... yet.

8. okokdude

okokdude

I have the walther p99c QA and the trigger pull is way better than my glocks (19-26-27) they distance that the trigger travels with the QA is about the same at My Kimber 1/4, I am getting ready to take my Steyr S9s the glock 26-27 and the walther p99c QA to the range and test them all agains each other-
    it should be interesting

Shon

9. AITruckGuy

AITruckGuy NRA Life member

I tried a 99C as a rental three different times. I have a P22 and I really wanted to like the 99. It didn't happen. The gun just wasn't comfortable in my hand.
    I found the 26 has the perfect grip angle for me and I like the constant trigger pull. I also found my new 26 has a much smoother trigger than I expected after shooting a Gen. 2 19. Put that with the cleanest felt recoil I've experienced in a 9mm and I was hooked. Only problem - I can't bring myself to buy another gun. The 26 seems ideal for me. Guess I'll just spend $$ on ammo. and fishing tackle instead ... darn.:cool:
    If you can, rent both and decide.
    YMMV.