close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 26 Vs. Glock 27

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by DonB, Dec 7, 2003.

1. DonB

DonB

I'm trying to make a decision between the 26 and 27. I have a preferance for the 40 cal. but i'm concerned with the reports on stress fractures on the 40's. Which generation had these problems? What's the best defense ammo for the short barreled 27?

2. desertratone

desertratone

I have shot about five hundred rounds through my recently purchased Mod 27. The recoil is the same as my Mod 23. I put the Pierce one round mag extensions on my mags, as I like to have a bit longer grip. The .40Cal round moves a bit slower out of the shorter barrel, but I still perfer the larger round over the 9MM. Just my 2 cents. If you are recoil sensitive, get the Mod 26.;g

3. desertratone

desertratone

I have shot about five hundred rounds of WW 180 grain subsonic rounds through my recently purchased Mod 27. The recoil is the same as my Mod 23. I have put thousands of rounds through my Mod 23 with no KB's or any other sign of over preasure.

I put the Pierce one round mag extensions on my mags, as I like to have a bit longer grip. The .40Cal round moves a bit slower out of the shorter barrel, but I still perfer the larger round over the 9MM. Just my 2 cents. If you are recoil sensitive, get the Mod 26.

4. vafish

vafish

I'd vote for the 26.

Ammo is cheaper, less recoil, one more round capacity. +P+ rounds have about same stopping power as .40 S+W. (but mostly because I already have a G19 and don't want to get another caliber to mess with)

If your partial to the .40 S+W though go with the 27. Neither choice would be bad.

5. sub40man

sub40man

Don:

Both are fun to shoot. I traded my g27 for a 26 after awhile when I became recoil sensitive. If you're not, and you don't mind a little extra cost for ammo - go for .40 blaster!

6. Guest

G26 all the way!

7. TRP Professional

TRP Professional Shooting Addict

I have owned both. I LOVED the G26. That was a very accurate little gun and the recoil was very manageable even with +P ammunition. I had a problem with the G27's recoil a while back, but since I have adopted a new shooting stance/style, the recoil from the G27 is much less. I now carry the G27 on a daily basis with Federal 155gr JHP's. In fact, I traded my G26 for a fellow GT'ers G27 (match made in heaven).
    Either gun would be a good choice. I have to say though, that if I only had one gun :( I'd pick the G26, kuz it was just too fun to shoot.

8. JEEVES

JEEVES

I bought a NIB G26 for $370 because it was a great price. I then traded it for a 27. This was one of my best deals ever! I prefer the .40 & for me recoil isn't an issue (especially after shooting .454 Casull)!

If you can't decide, buy both!!! ;f

9. 132

If you like the 40S&W then that's the one to get.

10. insightAZ

insightAZ Combat Mindset

Both are fine pistols. I use a 26 because I have a 17. Think about what you will get next. It is much easier to have the same caliber weapons. I would not worry about stress fractures. I would use a Speer GDHP in 180 gr if I had a 27. Either way you cannot go wrong. The sub compact Glock is IMHO the finest pistol design ever. They lock into your palm like nothing else, shoot great and conceal nicely.:cool:

11. sandpiper

sandpiper

I had a g-26 and was soo impressed how well it handled, gave to a close friend. I knew it could handle a bigger load so I got a 27.

There are great advantages to both
    and I agree with the previous post...

They are both "IMHO" the best glocks made!

12. EJL

EJL

I own both, but I carry my 27 (my wife likes the 26 so I probably couldn't carry it if I wanted to). As far as ammo I carry the cor-bon powerball, or ranger RA41P. I like the lighter/faster bullets from a shorter barreled weapon theory, I know that there are those that disagree with it but it makes sense to me.

13. lil glock

lil glock

I have grown to strongly dislike 9mm. I hope this helps. ;)

14. Guest

Shoot them both and judge for yourself. But if you like the .40 thats the one for you.