Glock Talk banner

Glock 26 sights installed wrong?

4K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  ithaca_deerslayer 
Was the original rear sight base "centered" in the dovetail?

If so, was the point of impact the same as the point of aim?

Having been an armorer for different makes/models of pistols for some years, and having installed my fair share of rear sights using both drift punches & hammers and sight pushers.

I typically "center" a rear sight base and have the user/owner shoot the gun to confirm POA/POI, and/or shoot it myself (but still have the user/owner confirm the sight setup works for them). Setting the rear sight base "centered" in the dovetail works for most shooters (without shooter issues being involved) on most pistols. If a particular shooter/gun combination requires an adjustment of the rear sight for him/her to achieve consistent accuracy, then so be it.

Luckily (in some respects), Glock doesn't have a dovetailed front sight base, as I've seen those arrive slightly off-center every once in a while, which can complicate things if you don't catch it and end up trying to unknowingly compensate by adjusting the rear sight base.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.