Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a new G26 for carry, I have been carrying a G19 or 23 for years and most recently my new 30 SF. Anyway I'm now going to carry a 26 most of the time because of the weight.

So I want to order some new sights tonight... I need ideas. So far I like the Mepros that are made for the 26/27 only. Thay have a nice cut to them.

What else are you guys using out there for the subcompacts? Any ideas would be apprecited as I want to order some sights tonight and I want to make sure I look at the available options.

Please chime in fellow glockers...

·
636 Posts
I like the Meprolight NS that are made for the G-26/27.. I have them on all my sub compact Glocks.

·
Cigar?
591 Posts
Heinie SlantPro Straight Eight Night Sight with the "race cut" in the rear - part number 318GCR. They have a wide notch in the rear which makes for quick target acquisition. I have them on all three of my Glocks.

http://www.heinie.com/slanteight.php

BTW - I have tried Mepro, XS Big Dot, Trijicon, and others. I prefer the Heinies!

·
GLOCK 26
628 Posts
I have the Meprolight night sights for my G26 and I like my set. They are bright enough to see clearly at night and visible during the day as well.

Also the rear sight is made so that it sits flush with the rear of the slide so it gives you a little bit more distance between the sights.

I don't think I would personally like just having only the front sight a night sight, but it's your gun do what works the best for you.

·
Retired Member
9,202 Posts
AmeriGlo Pro Series Operator Night Sights with green front and yellow rear lamps.

Day Sight Picture: The Operator's have the white PVC sight marker on the front sight only, while the rear sight is matte black with a wide notch.

Night Sight Picture: The Operator's offer the familiar 3-dots, with the green (brightest appearing) lamp up front, and yellow lamps in the rear.

http://ameriglo.com/

--Ray

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
AmeriGlo Pro Series Operator Night Sights with green front and yellow rear lamps.

Day Sight Picture: The Operator's have the white PVC sight marker on the front sight only, while the rear sight is matte black with a wide notch.

Night Sight Picture: The Operator's offer the familiar 3-dots, with the green (brightest appearing) lamp up front, and yellow lamps in the rear.

--Ray
+1 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Meprolights and a Lasermax. That's all you need. If it's just stock, well, that's pretty basic. There are so many great options for Glocks.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
stock or NOTHING, its gonna be up close and personal.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I carry a 26 and this is only my opinion.

In a SHTF situation, it will happen fast and your eyes will be firmly fixed on the BG. I'm not convinced that I could shoot better in that situation with different sights. You will most likely revert back to your natural ability to point shoot.

Regarding night sights, within reason if I can see it, I can hit it with or without night sights. There won't be much time for aiming in a real gun fight. However, if you want them, by all means get some.

I recommend Doubletap ammo with 124gr. Speer gold dots.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

--Ray
+1 -

Good pics in this thread
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthre...light=ameriglo

·
Registered
230 Posts
My current favorites are in order as follows:

1. Ameriglo Pro Glo front sight w/ black serrated rear.

2. Warren Tactical FO or Tritium front sight w/ black Warren Tactical rear.

3. XS Big Dot sights.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the responses guys. I was set on the mepro's, but you guys are killing me with those Pro Ooperator's. they look awesome. I am torn now..I may have to sleep on it, but I wanted to order sights tonight!!! LOL:dunno:

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
There was a 28% off coupon floating around for the Pro Operators a month or two ago. I can't find it right now but I got mine for $80 shipped after coupon. Excellent sights, excellent deal.

·
Armed & Safe
2,196 Posts
My G19 and G26, of which I carry one or both 95+% of the time, have tritium front sights with fixed steel, non-tritium rears.

The G19 has a Trijicon tritium front and a steel Trijicon two dot rear.
The G26 has an Ameriglo tritium front and a steel Trijicon two dot rear.
The Ameriglo front on the G26 is slightly thinner than the Trijicon front on the G19. This gives me approximately the same sight picture with both guns.

·
Polymer Butcher
8,097 Posts
There was a 28% off coupon floating around for the Pro Operators a month or two ago. I can't find it right now but I got mine for $80 shipped after coupon. Excellent sights, excellent deal.
Who did you buy them from, lemme know if you find that coupon? :thumbsup:
:supergrin:

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I got them direct from Ameriglo. I can't find that coupon code anywhere. It's not on my invoice either dated 4/30/08. I think someone posted it here originally. Sorry.

·
Polymer Butcher
8,097 Posts
I got them direct from Ameriglo. I can't find that coupon code anywhere. It's not on my invoice either dated 4/30/08. I think someone posted it here originally. Sorry.
NP I'll try to google it and see. Thanks

1 - 20 of 33 Posts