close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 26 shooting to the left

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cubbyjg, Mar 5, 2010.

1. cubbyjg

cubbyjg

I went to the range today and took both of my guns to run some ammo through them. I shot my Taurus 24/7 first and was really trying hard to practice shooting with both eyes open, focus on the front sight and make sure my sight alignment was correct. I was amazed at how much my shooting started to improve. When i went to shoot my glock, i went through the same steps and checks but i noticed that my shots were all shooting to the left of what i was aiming for. Anyone have any advice?

2. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

Shoot more of the Glock. I exclusively shoot Glocks, when picking up an Sig/Hk/M&P/Ruger GP100/etc...it'll take me a while to get 1" groupings. But give me a Glock in any size or caliber...BOOM!!! Head shot.

3. Armed-N-Ready

Armed-N-Ready Glock Clone

A shooting partner and I noticed the same condition with our Glocks so we had our sights adjusted accordingly, now they're dead on target.

4. modelflyer2003

modelflyer2003

When I first got my Glock 26, my groupings were to the left. THe more I shoot it the better I get. I still tend to shoot slightly left, but I worked on not jerking the trigger and it straightened up. For me it was all sight alignment and smooth trigger pull.

5. CC Glock

CC Glock

If you're right handed and shooting to the left then you are pushing the bullet. You just need to get used to the trigger.

6. CharlestonG26

CharlestonG26

+1...this is a very common problem with many Glock shooters. The solution is practice and trigger control...not sight adjustment.

7. Adawg38

Adawg38

All good advice. Either you need more practice, or the barrel needs to be broke in more, or the sight needs to be moved slightly to the opposit of the direction it's off so right.

8. Girevik61

Girevik61

You must have gotten an Obama model. (sorry, I couldnt resist) :devilish:

9. cubbyjg

cubbyjg

Hahah good one. I am right handed so maybe i need to practice more trigger control. Guess that more dry firing and range time for me. Thanks for the advice.

10. Girevik61

Girevik61

Yep, dry firing is your friend.

11. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

I just shot my G26 for the first time today. I put 300 rounds through it with no problems whatsoever. However I did notice that my groups were all left as well initially. I did two things.

1. Rather than squeezing my left eye shut, I kept it open and focused on the front sight.
    2. I made sure my left hand got a better grip.

Both of those things seemed to help, although despite hitting the center of the target quite a bit, my "errors" were still all left. All things being equal I'd expect my errors to be evenly distributed.

I do think I may have been anticipating the recoil a bit. Oddly, when I took time to carefully shoot, I had much worse groupings/left tendency than when I just rapid fire went through the mag. In rapid fire mode, I was getting very tight groups dead center.

The only conclusion I can draw is that perhaps when shooting quickly I don't have time to anticipate the recoil to the same extent. I'm just going to have to keep working on this and see what is causing my problem. I was doing the same exact thing with a glock 19 a week earlier so I'm pretty sure it isn't the sights in my case.

12. F-Trooper05

F-Trooper05

Are you shooting just left, or low and left? Low and left is an indication that you may be anticipating the recoil and unconsciously adjusting for it. I've noticed the same thing happens to me with my G17. I think it has to do with Glock's large palm swell. I've been dry-firing a lot for practice (I've only had mine for about a month), and it's helped quite a bit.

13. Domestic615

Domestic615 OD G19

Same problem i had with my first glock a few years back , Try gripping the gun with your left hand and only using your right hand to steady the gun an pull the trigger an use your finger tip when pulling the trigger dont wrap your finger around it if that doesnt work then take your sites off an put them back on an becareful how much you torque the screws.

14. bennwj

bennwj Command Sergeant Major (retired) Silver Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you......

I did not read the rest of the responses, but I am sure there is all kinds of advice about pulling (or pushing) the shot, gripping too tight or too loose etc.

People seem to think that the rear sight comes from the factory perfectly aligned with the centerline of the bore and no adjustment is needed.

If you even suggest adjusting the sights you may have not only your shooting ability, but your manhood questioned.

The easiest thing to do is what you did. Drift the sights over.

15. bennwj

bennwj Command Sergeant Major (retired) Silver Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

16. cubbyjg

cubbyjg

do i need a special tool to adjust the rear sights?

17. Novocaine

Novocaine

I would not go for sight adjustment immediately with a new platform. I'd let others shoot it first to make sure sights are out of whack.

18. RonATL

RonATL Glock Lover

I have a g26 and have this same issue.
    I know its me and my issue with squeezing the trigger.

It gets better with time.
    I can see my groups getting way tighter, and placement is slowly going back to the bullseye instead of the left of it. all you need is some good advice and trigger time. Try to get someone experienced to watch you shooting and see if they have any good recommendations. No matter what you say or describe, the internet will not be better then a person right there with you.

19. jsjdjn

jsjdjn

My 2 cents is Trigger and loosen your Strong hand grip and tighten up your Week hand grip. That has worked for many people who were hitting the paper to the left.

20. Damon Sriv

Damon Sriv Pickle Power

I have a G26 and shooting off to the left myself. I went to qualify at my ccw course.. still have tight groups, but about 3 inches to the left at 15 feet.

I noticed the rear sight is moved all the way to the left.. So i swapped out my G26 with my buddies full size .45 glock.. and had dead center groupings, while he was shooting left with my G26.

Sometimes it IS the sight =P