close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 26 recoil spring problem

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glike, May 29, 2003.

1. Glike

Glike

Bought a new G26 a few months back and it has been trouble-free until today. Went to reaasemble it after cleaning and could not get the recoil spring (original equipment) to compress enough to get it back in. After cleaning, oiling etc., it finally went back but still is being a pain to reset.

Is this problem common and should it be cleaned each time?

Thanks in advance.

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

I am not trying to insult you but I must ask this question. Are you trying to put the recoil spring assembly in the right way? There is a heavy spring on one end and that end must be inserted in the muzzle end. The end with the smaller spring has a flat metal disk end that fits in the groove on the locking lug end.

If you try to install it backwards you need a mule to do it. Again please don't take my question the wrong way.

3. Glike

Glike

Thanks Don at PC. After some futile attempts I checked the manual and had it oriented in the correct direction. It's possible that along the way I did have it reversed and got it jammed. At this point, it appears to be working fine.

Glike

4. njl

njl

I've found some of the subcompact springs are much harder to fully seat than others. Press harder...it will go in.