close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 26 purchase advice

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by liljojo4711, Feb 9, 2010.

1. liljojo4711

liljojo4711

I went to a gun shop right around the corner from work to look at and handle a glock 26. The guy working at the counter said he just got a glock 26 in a trade yesterday and its for sale. Its $399.99 for used glock 26 and 3 mags, one with an extension on it. This sound like a good deal? I get paid friday so i have a couple days to think about it.

anything i should look for before i purchase a used glock? it looked new on the outside but i didnt rack the slide or anything, just kinda handled it to get a feel for it. i tried both the mag without the extension and with and i have to say i really like the extension on there. any thoughts about the purchase or what to look for would be greatly appreciated.

sorry for the long post lol

2. Orange

Orange

Go down there first thing in the morning:shocked: and put it under layaway or what ever you have to do to get them to hold it for you.

Call work and tell them your having car trouble or some excuse to be able to get over there. Don't let it slip through your hands. Deals like that don't happen very often...............JUMP ON IT AND STAND ON IT.

$399 is about right and with 3 magazines its a very good deal.

I just recently had a chance to get a G26 at the exact same price but it only had one extra magazine. I missed a chance to get that one (kicks self in *** while typing).

I am going to get an OD G26 this weekend, but at $478.00. It will be new (no night sites) vs. the used one. The used one was black and had night sites.

Go get that G26 !!!!!!!:wavey::wavey::wavey:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010

3. liljojo4711

liljojo4711

thats what i figured lol. it doesnt have a case or any cleaning stuff with it, just the gun and 3 mags. but for $400 i was like, "i was just shopping around, BUT ill be back friday." hahaha. anything i should look for as far as abnormal wear or anything. i feel like glock is so reliable that i dont have to worry about it being used at all.

4. HauntedAlabama

HauntedAlabama

I would take it down, look at the internals, down the barrel, etc. just to be sure. Good luck!

5. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Just look for obvious signs of damage and for 'bubba work' that might void a warranty, but if it looks new on the outside, chances are good that it hasn't been used much.

The price ain't half bad either....complete with an extra mag and a $10 extension. Layaway....

6. liljojo4711

liljojo4711

ok, ill chekc the barrel and rack the slide to make sure everything is working correctly. pull the trigger and what not. do they usually care if u field strip the gun to look inside? i think im going to call them tomorrow and see if they can hold it for me. im 90% sure ill be ready to purchase friday.

7. Orange

Orange

No there is really nothing to worry about. :wavey: Go ahead and field strip it. Lots of good advice.

At the most and I mean the most you could replace the recoil spring, but I seriously doubt it will need it. If the slide will lock open with each of the magazines that is supposed to come with the pistol you are good to go.

I would not even haggle on the price, but that is just me. I am serious that is good deal and you will be very happy with your purchase.

Liljojo you gotta get it (no pressure:tongueout:).

All joking aside you will have a very fine pistol that will shoot very well and accurately. It will be dependable and extremely reliable. It will fire thousands and thousands of rounds and ask for more. If it was me I would be down there waiting at the door for them to let me in.

Please say you will..............:supergrin::supergrin:

All the Best
    Orange

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  8. HauntedAlabama

HauntedAlabama

If they don't want you to take it apart, ask them to. I have never had a problem doing this at any store, even Academy.

9. liljojo4711

liljojo4711

if i had the money i would get it tomorrow, but i dont which is y i have to wait until i get paid lol

10. vmann

vmann Controller

where is it located at...some kind of pawn shop or a decent gun shop...

11. Orange

Orange

Liljojo.......THINK LAYAWAY. Just put some cash down on it ( it wont be over $40 anyway) for them to hold it for you on a layaway plan.

I would still go in and get it on Friday regardless. Forgetting a layaway payment:faint: is not good juju for a sweet deal like this.

I am sitting here typing my *** off hoping you get it..........dont make me get angry Liljojo........:tongueout:

12. liljojo4711

liljojo4711

its a legit gun shop, not a pawn shop

im getting it. ill see what kinds of options they have as far as payment plans or something. do they usually do that or do u have to pay all upfront?

13. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Good gun shop etiquette says to ask before doing either.....and then don't forget the safety rules.....especially the one about where it's pointed.

14. Orange

Orange

Vmann has a point. Yeah, what kind of place is it?

As long as both are legit and good to there customers I would go for it.

Liljojo is all of this sinking in..........:faint:.:supergrin::supergrin::wavey:

15. liljojo4711

liljojo4711

oh yeah definitely. i havent handled many guns so i will probably ask him to show me anyway lol.

IM GETTING IT ORANGE, chill lol

16. Orange

Orange

Well my work is done here.:cool:

Now for a cold one.

17. den888

den888

That's a good deal. Here in CA, new G26's go for $519-$569. Used are $425-$475.

18. liljojo4711

liljojo4711

haha. do they charge tax on guns? any idea if they might have a payment plan type thing?

19. Scott3670

Scott3670

That's a great deal for a 26. I paid $470 new for mine and it comes with 2 LE mags. Consider yourself very lucky to find such a deal.

20. dakota359

dakota359

I would never hesitate on a used Glock. The price is right and has mag extension on one mag. BUY IT!!