Glock 26 & Pearce Mag extensions

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by rkhal, Sep 3, 2007.

1. rkhal

rkhal

I wrote to Pearce about this and never recieved and answer so perhaps someone here might know -

I added the Pearce Mag extensions to both my 10 round factory magazines for my Glock 26. According to the instructions and the advertising it should add 2 rounds to the magazine capacity. However I have been unable to get more than 11 rounds in the mags. Is this usual? Is there a cure?

I added the extensions primarily as a pinkie extension so if I don't get the extra round the world won't stop turning but if there is an easy fix I would like to know.

2. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

If you're speaking of the Pearce PG-27/33, I've had a couple mags (out of 6) that were rather obstinate when trying to get a 12th round in; one eventually did, the other is still that way with a Pearce on. (All have same #4 follower that came with them.)

You don't want to crunch things so much that you're putting undue stress on the feed lips, or where you'd have difficulty seating it reliably without slamming the round up against the bottom of the slide's pickup rail. I like that particular extension alot, but use Glock OEM 7151's across the board when shooting it in competition even though the Pearce is allowed in GSSF.

Try the old 'Vegematic' trick wherein you load the mag w/extension to about 9-10 rounds, then take a Glock mag loader and give it some vigorous up/down motions, then try to get the other two in. If this doesn't work I'd run it as 11+1 for awhile. Particularly if it's a carry gun, you want reliability first. That 12th round is no good if the gun doesn't run right.

:patriot:

3. damien

damien Not the Omen

I'm using 3 of them and can only get 11 also. Same boat as you, pinkie extension first, extra round second. Using the loader, the tension seemed too much to try and squeeze in a 12th round.

4. rkhal

rkhal

That pretty much tells me what I wanted to know. Getting that 12th round in is not really important.

5. roymail

roymail

Regardless of the stated capacity, I always use 1 less and carry 1 in the chamber. I've have found this to be true on every glock I've owned and most other guns, too. That last one usually pretty difficult and not worth the effort. Don't force the issue. If you can't get the job done with 11+1, well... you know what I'm saying.