Glock 26 pearce grip extension issues?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by RedsoxFan4Lyfe, Feb 23, 2010.

1. RedsoxFan4Lyfe

RedsoxFan4Lyfe

I was wondering for those here who have a G26 are you using the grip extenders from pearce or any other maker on your magazines? Has anyone here ever had any issues with these extenders breaking or coming off? I ask as I've read reports of people firing their mini Glocks with these extensions and them pooping off the bottom of the magazine and the contents spilling out. Are these extensions an issue or should I stick to the stock magazines floor plates?

2. boomhower

boomhower

I hope the OP doesn't mind but to add, any issues with feeding or the like? Seeing as it is such a similar question I didn't think it would be prudent to start another thread.

3. Glock39Pirate

Glock39Pirate

I never had any issues with the pierce on my 26, I used the PG2733.

4. DeltaNu1142

DeltaNu1142 Glock talker

I've never had issues with the extensions pooping, or any other disruptive behavior, for that matter.

5. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

I use Glock factory +2 extensions on my G26 mags.

I've had one floorplate fall off when I fired the first round. The second round chambered, but I didn't know that until I slapped in a new mag and tap rack bang'd it. I can't be sure that I had absolutely installed the floorplate properly or that it wasn't my fault, but said mag/floorplate got painted bright orange and is now range-only. It has since had thousands of rounds through it and been 100% reliable, though, so I'm pretty sure the failure was my fault.

I have a whole bunch of KCI knockoff mags and Pearce extensions. All have worked 100%, but I still only use Glock factory mags and floorplates for carry.

6. Glock39Pirate

Glock39Pirate

I forgot to add that on my 39 I have the PG39 extension and on one of my mags the last round doesn't always feed. But thats on just 1 mag. the other mag with the same extension hasn't screwed up, so I assume that its a mag issue. But I never had any of those problems with the +2 (PG2733) extension on my 26.

7. LT1_MASTER

LT1_MASTER

I don't own a 26, instead a 27, but I do have the +1 pearce extension (exact same one that you put on a 26 that gives you +2). I love mine and bought two to put on the two factory mags. I have probably 2500-3000 rounds through this gun using mostly the two 27 magazines with the pearce extentions. No problems whatsoever with what you describe. No problems feeding, etc. The only single complaint I have is it's more difficult to chamber the initial round after inserting a full magazine. No problems if I insert the magazine with slide locked back and pull the release, just a little harder to rack the slide with a full magazine but that's to be expected. I love mine and think it makes this little gun perfect.:cool:

8. LoadedTech

LoadedTech

I also have the G27 with a pg26 (+0), a pg2733 (+1) on my carry mag, and a pg39 (+2). I haven't had a single issue with any falling apart or feeding issues.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  9. MarccraM

MarccraM

My guess is that if something popped off it may have not been installed correctly to start with.

I only use +0 extension, but believe me.. I dont think a bomb could get them off.

10. LilWolfess

LilWolfess

I have the +0 pearce extensions on my G26. We noticed, during installation, that the the depth of the channels where the extension slides onto the magazine were a couple thousanths too small for the rails on the magazine. They still went on, but I was a little nervous about them for some time. Thus far, with maybe 500 rounds through, mine have held steady.

11. rug357

rug357

I use Pearce PG2733 on my G26 mags.
    I think they were originally used to add one round to G27 mags.
    It adds one round to the mag and give my little picky finger a place to rest.
    It doesn't add much length to the grip but enough to makes it feel better.
    So far I've never had any feed/extract issues with it.

Here is a pic of my G26 with it
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  12. RedsoxFan4Lyfe

RedsoxFan4Lyfe

thanks guys for the replies its a big help.

13. speedydave

speedydave KoolAid Drinker

14. tango44

tango44

Never had a problem with Pearce PG-2733 and Glock 7151 on my subcompacts, these are the only two extensions that I will recommend.

15. scprotector1

scprotector1 LoneStarGlocker

i have the ones that add 3 rounds to the glock 26, have never had any problems with them at all and i always have them fully loaded 24/7

16. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

17. Bruce M

Bruce M

"people firing their mini Glocks with these extensions and them pooping "

I had that happen when I took my G26 out for tacos burritos and several beers on its birthday...but the Glock +2 extensions have stayed on the magazines fine.

18. NYresq

NYresq

I have the pearce +1 extensions on both of my G27 factory mags. They went onthe day i bought the gun and three years later and a few thousand rounds they are still tight. I trust them enough to have them on my carry gun and have never heard from any coworkers of any problems.