Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,545 Posts
That is a tough choice because they are both viable sub-compact service pistols. I have both the VP9SK and a Gen 4 G26. I carry the G26 off-duty but that is in large part due to me having qualified with it long before I got the VP9SK. And I have a plethora of G26/19/17 mags to go with it.

I will say, and this is subjective, that the VP9SK fits my hand a LOT better than the G26. The ergonomics are better in my opinion and I like the option to change out the side panels and back straps. The VP9SK just feels better in my hand.

If I could choose only one, and magazines weren't a factor, I'd go with the VP9SK.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
My 26 has been with me since 1993. We have had a number of adventures together. In fact, I always qualified a point or two higher with it than the 19. There's no reason to replace it.
That's an interesting phenomenon with the G-26. Up until last night the only gun I'd shot a 500 with in the GSSF indoor league was a G-26. Those things really punch above their weight in the accuracy department.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,545 Posts
That's an interesting phenomenon with the G-26. Up until last night the only gun I'd shot a 500 with in the GSSF indoor league was a G-26. Those things really punch above their weight in the accuracy department.
That's been my experience as well.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I like the HK and it shoots great but I own a 26. Had the VP9SK been out when I picked up the 26 I might have went that route but I have no need for one presently. Both are good guns and I don’t think you’d go wrong with either.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
The Glock 26 is already my carry gun, so that answers that question :)

But the HK looks ok. A little bigger than the 26. Also has a funky mag release.

Here's a comparison video
View: https://youtu.be/nJiws4phSzU
Really good video. I find it funny that they talk about how the H and K has bigger parts like the locking block for example, but yet the Glock has proven over many years that it’s parts are plenty tough because they don’t break.

For me it comes down to width and weight on daily Carry. Also, you can always make a smaller gun bigger but you can’t make a bigger gun smaller. And magazine options are huge for the 26. I’ve even got 10 round magazine’s with the old small plus 2s that give you 12 rounds for an even smaller size. And you just can’t beat 33 rounds! The H and K looks like an awesome little gun but I think the Glock still has proven its advantages.

·
NRA Benefactor
5,779 Posts
Both are too large for me to carry. The HK is more accurate but that's probably because the trigger is much better.

Reactions: sigman69

·
Premium Member
CLM #38
10,750 Posts
I'll make a little confession. For the past couple of weeks my back has been bothering me more than usual. I am unable to carry even the lightest of my .45's. My Glock 26 came out of the safe and has been on my right hip in an OWB holster and it is doing the trick quite nicely.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,545 Posts
Both fine firearms but I like the HK better though I already went with the P30SK LEM because I like having the hammer.
+1 for the P30SK with the LEM trigger. Excellent firearm.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.