Glock Talk banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts
As a EDC weapon, I can’t decide between a Glock 26 or the Glock 36. They are about the same size (give or take),but which would it be better to have 6+1 45( I like the stopping powder of the 45),or 10+1 9mm( the more shots the better).
Actually the 36 is closer to the 19 in size than the 26. And IMHO the difference in stopping power is minimal with the right ammo. Last I this considering the round count difference the 26 probably has more total stopping power than the 36.

Just my 2 cents

If the question is which to acquire, Glock 26 (3rd gen) all the way.

The 36 has a reputation for not living up to typical Glock reliability. Same with the 30SF. I think that reputation is there for a reason.

I do not know how true any of this is as I'm not a glock guy, but I will say that my Gen 3 G26 has been as reliable as any pistol I've ever owned. Plus that I shoot it pretty well.

I do not know how true any of this is as I'm not a glock guy, but I will say that my Gen 3 G26 has been as reliable as any pistol I've ever owned. Plus that I shoot it pretty well.
The two that seem to have always had the reputation are the 36 and the 30SF. A lot of people will try to convince you that it really isn't an issue. I stupidly listened to them last year and bought a 30SF. It was a POS that didn't work right even after going back to Glock. I'll be avoiding the known problem children from now on, the apologists be damned.

The two that seem to have always had the reputation are the 36 and the 30SF. A lot of people will try to convince you that it really isn't an issue. I stupidly listened to them last year and bought a 30SF. It was a POS that didn't work right even after going back to Glock. I'll be avoiding the known problem children from now on, the apologists be damned.
Thanks I did not know that. I'll pass this info onto a friend who is thinking of buying a 36.

I currently have both. I carry the 26 and am looking to sell the 36 or trade for a 17 to go with my 26 and 19. YMMV
Wow, I wish I had waited to sell my 17 because I would have made that trade in a heartbeat!!!!

I have the 27, same size as the 26, and don't carry it as often as I thought I would. I bought a 30 but ended up selling it because it was way too "fat" for EDC. Looking back I wish I had gone with the 36 instead of the 30.....but hindsight is 20/20!

OP......Get the 36:wavey:

TGG

As a EDC weapon, I can’t decide between a Glock 26 or the Glock 36. They are about the same size (give or take),but which would it be better to have 6+1 45( I like the stopping powder of the 45),or 10+1 9mm( the more shots the better).
They are actually quite different in size & weight.

G26 one of the most reliable CCW's......G36 good gun with a shaky track record....

I say G26 ALL DAY LONG!! But don't count out the G30SF, its not that much bigger than the G36 and is 10+1 or 9+1 with a Pearce G29 baseplate if you need a full grip.

G26 one of the most reliable CCW's......G36 good gun with a shaky track record....

I say G26 ALL DAY LONG!! But don't count out the G30SF, its not that much bigger than the G36 and is 10+1 or 9+1 with a Pearce G29 baseplate if you need a full grip.
The things in bold...they go together.

I really can't say to much about the G36 as I've never shot one. The G26 I've owned about a year now and feel that the gun is very well balanced and the weight is good for IWB carry or winter jacket pocket carry. I'd rather carry and extra mag then to large of a round capacity that makes the gun an uncomfortable carry. With the Pearce extended grip is has a real nice feel to it and comes back on target very quickly. The only thing I did not care for is the finger rest on the front of the trigger guard. I removed the point with a trim saw a file and few different grits of sandpaper. You'd never know it was ever there if you didn't know it was supposed to be there. I have shot the 17 and the 19 also and there very good guns for sure but there is just something about the g26 that I really like.

The things in bold...they go together.
Touche' Mon A Mi!!! :rofl:

But I think there is a concensous that the G36 has been waaaaay more of a problem child than the G30SF:supergrin:. Mine doesn't have the -1- trigger bar and has had 0% issues EVER!

Touche' Mon A Mi!!! :rofl:

But I think there is a concensous that the G36 has been waaaaay more of a problem child than the G30SF:supergrin:. Mine doesn't have the -1- trigger bar and has had 0% issues EVER!
People with reports like yours are why I finally tried a 30SF. And it was a POS. I know there are plenty out there without problems...but the rate of lemons seems to be far greater than the rest of the models.

I've shot the 26, and I love it. The perfect size of concealability and firepower. Many also believe that the subcompacts are more accurate than thier larger cousins.

I've often thought about selling my G22 for a G26 or 27, but I'm too afraid.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.