Glock 26 Glock 26 Magpul 12 round magazine

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Bobcatbaseball, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Bobcatbaseball

Bobcatbaseball

I picked up one of these at a LGS on a whim for my Gen 4 Glock 26. I have emptied it 12+1 twelve times with 124 grain American eagle and 3 times with my preferred carry load (124 grain +p gold dots) and have not experienced any issues. I don’t have any issues with my pinky not having a home with the OEM flush mag, my application for this mag is for a more reliable draw stroke from AIWB and from my smart carry. In this regard, the extra real estate makes a big difference FOR ME. I know Mr GunsNGear had issues with I think 3 of these mags in his Gen 5 26. How have you guys that have ran more rounds than me through it done with it? It’s pretty amazing to me that it doubles the stock capacity of the 43 while adding only around a half inch to the overall height of the pistol. I have used plenty of extensions before in 42’s and 43’s (both external-Taran tactical and internal-magguts), but I have always used the OEM tube- never a completely aftermarket magazine. What does Glock Talk think about this magazine?

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk mobile app

2. KeithC

KeithC

I’ve had one for a while. It’s run 100% at the range. When I carry the G26, I use a factory flush mag, but that’s to minimize printing. FWIW, I carry OEM mags in my Glocks, but have never had any issues with any of the Magpul mag/Glock pistol combinations I’ve tried.

3. pgg00

pgg00

I have them for a gen 3 26. They have been flawless for hundreds of rounds.

4. yep380

yep380

I’ve ran one quite a bit. I like it better than the Glock 10rd +2 extension.

I think you’re on the right track vetting it for your particular gun.

5. Orive 8

Orive 8

I have used them in my 26 for a year or so now, 100% reliable. A friend of mine uses them exclusively in his Gen 5 26, again 100% reliable, he really prefers the Magpul mags and gave my wife his OEM mags.

I've also used the 15 round Glock 19 mags for several years now - 100% reliable.

MCCM likes this.
  6. Bobcatbaseball

Bobcatbaseball

Thank you for your feedback!!! I believe I will run another couple 12+1 cycles of my gold dots and start carrying this mag. My AIWB holster is a Tier 1 concealment with the mag carrier. My smart carry has a pocket for a spare mag. So this magpul 12 round mag gives me a better shot at a clean draw and a spare 17 round mag gives me 30 rounds on board in either way I carry my 26. That’s comforting! It feels weird still having a place for my pinky to go, but honestly curling my pinky under did not bother me at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk mobile app

7. yep380

yep380

The pinky purchase does help with the draw, no doubt. I’ve found I shoot the 26 with 10rd mag about the same as the 10rd mag once the gun is drawn.

8. MCCM

MCCM

I’ve carried my G26.5 exclusively for over a year now with nothing but the Magpul 12rd magazine. Hundreds up hundreds of rounds and no issues.