Glock 26 Magazine Release

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by HKSmith, Feb 9, 2004.

1. HKSmith

HKSmith

I recently bought a G26 (great little gun, I'm planning to use it for my Ohio CCW) and am having trouble with the magazine release button. Sometimes I have to press very hard to get the mag to drop, unlike my G34. I thought it might smooth out after a few hundred rounds, but it hasn't.

Any ideas short of sending it back to Glock?

2. ottomatic

ottomatic

I also own both of those pistols and have noticed a similar difference. One of the things to remember is that the G34 has an extended mag release. I am sure that is part of the reason. Also smaller gun is a little harder to grip.

3. GlocksterJeff

GlocksterJeff Glock Armorer

I replaced the stock release with an extended part, same as your G34. I rounded the sharp square edges just a bit so that it never hangs up on clothing and now my mag releases are much more positive. FYI: The extended mag release for a small frame is exactly the same part number as the standard size mag release in the large frame Glocks. They only cost about $3 and are well worth it.

4. 4eyes

4eyes Provocateur

It is easy for me to shove the mag release and have no response because the opposite side of the release pushes into my palm just below my index finger. If I rotate the pistol in my hand slightly, the release works much better and the shot mags will drop. The G26/27 does not drop as well as a G19 or G17 size. Modify technique a bit. They will drop.