close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 26 magazine question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Ken43, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Ken43

Ken43

I just purchased a Glock 26 with two standard magazines and because I am law enforcement I purchased two magazines with the + floor plate. The magazines with the + floor plate still only hold 10 rounds. I used the magazine loader to try and get the follower lower so the magazine would accept the extra rounds. It isn't happening. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be. I tapped the mag. on the table to line up the rounds, tried everything. I also put the + floor plate on my Glock 27 magazines and the same thing. They won't hold any more than the standard mag.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Ken

2. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Sometimes there is a bit of a "break-in period" required with new Glock mags before they will accept their max rated capacity.

Load them as muchh as you can, and either let them sit for a month or two, or shoot them dry and reload them 5-10 times, THEN reload and let them sit a while. After that, they should loosen up and load normally.

3. fastbolt

fastbolt

Ditto.

My G27 factory +2's took a similar treatment and time period before they accepted the additional rounds.

4. rich52us

rich52us

I had trouble getting max capacity in my new G 30 mags recently. I loaded thm to one short, took the mag loader and worked the rounds up and down with the mag loader repeatedly. After a relatively short time, I could get max rounds in using the mag loader for the last one. Then after being to the range a couple of times. I can now load them all to max capacity without using the mag loader.

5. Ken43

Ken43

Thanks for the feed back. They have loosened up already. I left them loaded overnight and one of the mag's. the spring needed to be re-positioned. They are all working fine now.