Glock 26: Magazine Extensions or Not

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ShaneS, Nov 11, 2005.

1. ShaneS

ShaneS Millennium Member

Do most people like and use magazine extensions on their sub Glocks?

I think I can shoot just as well and conceal the pistol better without the magazine extension. The extension just doesn't add that much space for my big fingers.

Opinions?

2. YukonGlocker

YukonGlocker

If I want extra grip length I use a G19 magazine. I have tried the grip extentions, but didn't care for them. With the G19 mag you get 15 rounds plus a place for your pinky. I carry and practice with the 10 rounder and have the 15 rounder for backup!!

3. Rob1035

Rob1035 Skeet Surfer

I use scherer +0 on 3 of my mags, and I like them, and dont think they compromise the concealability much, if at all.

However, if you shoot the gun fine without them, then by all means, revel in the tiny size with flat base mags.

4. Edman

Edman

5. lagriffe

lagriffe

With all the mixed opinions of how reliable the + adapters are, I decided to use the flat bae plates for all my magazines to help bump up the reliability factor. If I need more ammo on hand, I can pack a G17 or even a 33 round mag to go along with the 10 rounder sleeping in the tube. Im used to shooting a snub revolver so having my pinky hang off the bottom is not a problem for me

6. Ford302Glock21

Ford302Glock21 Chrome Horsie

It feels natural to me and mine came with two mags with +1 extensions...My last range visit I only used standard mags with no problems.

7. Onmilo

Onmilo

I have no count magazine extensions on some of my magazines and standard flat bases on the rest.
    The gun feels better in my hand with the extensions but I can see no difference in performance between the two types.

A 'glock plug' used to fill the hole in the rear of the grip was a noticible addition.
    It really helped make the gun feel better with both types of magazines.
    At least to me, this was a better addition.

8. Hugo R

Hugo R Gaff G26 User!

I find the G26 WITHOUT the extension a natural carry. Originally the grip felt weird w/o the pinky rest, but, I quickly got used to it and actually like it better than the G19 grip which has always given me a pinky pinch.

I carry the G26 with a standard G26 mag and always carry one or two standard G17 mags on my person for a reload...and carry a couple more (even a G18 mag) in a small survival bag.

The gun conceals best that way, and with the additonal magazines is an awesome source of firepower. JMHO

9. Colonel Klink

Colonel Klink

Shot my 26 while waiting for two more magazines with the 0 extensions. The gun (actually me) shot left of POA. When I got the mags with extensions the gun (me) didn't shoot left anymore. Then I went back to the flat base and shoot left again. I did find that pulling in the pinkey, instead of it swinging freely, corrected my shoot left problem.

I bought the 26 for concealability so will only carry it with the flat/original magazines. But at the range I like being comfortable and accurate so use the mags with extensions.

10. GlockFish

GlockFish Floyd

I carry my 26 with Glock +2 mag extensions

11. n3hcp

n3hcp Paranoid Member

I put extensions on my G26 mags but found that they made absolutely no difference at the range. They are now in the same box with all those super-dupper must-have holsters, lasers, and all the other wammey jammie add-ons.;Q What they say is true...Gaston really did know what he was doing!

12. 3rdpig

3rdpig

I use the Concealable Control extension on the 10 round mag that's in the gun during carry. It offers great concealment, a solid draw and the gun doesn't flip in my hand as much. I carry G17 mags as spares.

13. lastevolution

lastevolution "Senior" Member

14. fastbolt

fastbolt

I have a couple of the Pearce standard floor plates on some G26 & G27 magazines. I also bought a couple of the L/E G27 magazines with the factory +2 extensions, but I mostly only use those for range training. Occasionally as spare magazines.

I prefer to carry both the G26/27 with the stock magazines in stock configuration, and my primary spare magazine has a Pearce floor plate. The reason for the slightly extended, curved floor plate on the spare is to help with reloading. The short grip of the subcompact 9/.40 frame, combined with the flat stock floor plates and the little extension on the front of the grip frame itself, can add a bit of difficulty to reloading. The Pearce curved floor plates help make the complete insertion and seating of the spare magazine a little easier and more certain.

I don't find the felt recoil of the 9mm, even the 127gr +P+ loads, to cause me any discomfort when using the stock floor plates and curling my little finger under the magazine.

When doing this with the harder recoiling G27, however ... using either the 180gr or 165gr T-Series loads ... a knuckle of my little finger starts to take a hammering if curled under the flat magazine floor plate.

15. wd40

wd40

I have 2 mags w/ext. and 1 flat. I practice with both and was surpised to find I shoot as well with or w/o ext, but the retention just feels more secure with ext. I usually carry with ext.but carry with stock plate when needed for concealment and thats a lot in summer.

16. another okie

another okie

They feel better, but I shoot just the same without them.

17. AITruckGuy

AITruckGuy NRA Life member

+1
    I have 2 Scherer +0 plates and 2 GAP plates. The Scherers tend to dig into the car seat when I'm driving but I feel like I have better control when using them. In reality, I don't seem to shoot any differently either way.

18. AZLS1

AZLS1 Faster Everyday

These look pretty good. I may try a pair.

19. G26man

G26man OBEY ME!

I prefer the +0 extensions, and notice no difference in the concealability with them installed.

IMHO the extensions make more of a difference in rapid fire controllability, and less for slow target shooting.

20. Dandapani

Dandapani

Ditto. I started out with them and after shooting PM9 and R9 and J-Frame, I prefer having pinky under the mag. I sold all my Pearce extensions.