close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 26 mag noise with extra round

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Simplejack, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Simplejack

Simplejack

Pearce grip pg-2733 extension making noise with extra round added. Not sure why, install was pretty simple and the bottom plate is locked in.. The beginning of the video is a 10 round stock mag with 11 rounds in. as you can see, when I take one out it goes back to normal and doesn't rattle. You are suppose to be able to add 2 extra rounds of 9mm, but the 1 extra is very pretty tight.
    Any ideas?

I made a quick video of the problem.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qluZhyK6WhA"]Glock 26 mag noise with extra round - YouTube[/ame]

I just uploaded the video, so if you can't see it yet, it might take a couple minutes.

2. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

It's somewhat common with some magazines, at a certain capacity the stack of rounds will allow one round to sit loose without tension on it, and it rattles around. It won't cause any problems, it's just annoying to have a round rattling around.

3. teflondog

teflondog

All my Glock magazines rattle when loaded to full capacity and I haven't added any extensions to them. Once I insert them into the gun, they stop rattling.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  4. Lindenwood

Lindenwood

One of my two G26 mags rattles like than when full. As stated, never had a problem with it though.

BTW, the extension is only +2 without the floor plate, which is how mine are set up. The Glock mags already have the locking tabs so there isnt really a reason for it as far as I can tell. I have droped the mags dozens of times, empty and partially full, and never had a problem.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. whitebread

whitebread ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That is quite common with G30 mags. As stated above, it is just a round that isn't in contact with others.

6. Simplejack

Simplejack

Well that is weird.. You would think with all that pressure being so hard to load rounds in by hand that there would be no chance of a rattle like that.. and just like mentioned above, my other mags don't rattle.. strange..
    Good to know there is nothing to worry about :) thanks

7. scosgt

scosgt

If you take the mag apart and align the spring the rattle goes away.

8. Simplejack

Simplejack

ok thanks. I'll try that

9. vmann

vmann Controller

i have had this issue for the better part of 20 years....its hit or miss....if i load up a mag and put it in the pistol and it rattles, i take it out and empty it and reload it....that usually does the trick....

10. 21GlockStreet

21GlockStreet

Remove the magazine, push the top round down slightly while tapping magazine against thigh, or palm of other hand. Happens with many magazines. Used to tap an M16 magazine on my steel pot helmet many moons ago. Don't recommend doing the same with a glock magazine, unless you are wearing something hard on your head.

11. Green Mountain Boy

Green Mountain Boy

12. bustedknee

bustedknee The Snowflakes have invaded GT

Several times I have caught myself trying to put too many rounds in a magazine.

When those tiny little voices start yelling,
    "You are squishing us!" or "Lay off fatboy we are stacked like sardines in here!"
    I apologize then go shooting. :animlol: