Glock 26 mag extensions

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bakerbt, Sep 22, 2007.

1. bakerbt

bakerbt

I plan on getting a g26 to carry in the warmer months. I always see pics of g26's with a magazine extension that allows the pinky to fit on. It isn't very big and does not look like it would add any rounds. What company makes these and where can I buy some. Also are they reliable.

2. BustedFlush

BustedFlush Springy Member

Here is a great thread with pics that show your various choices in mag extensions:

https://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=542966

Most likely you've seen the Pearce extension. Scherer makes them as well, but they are larger.

The Pearce model PG26 is a pinky rest and adds no rounds. It is reliable.

Any place that sells Glock accessories sells them. Try Lone Wolf:

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=99

Having tried nearly every product, I find I prefer either the stock mag floorplate or the GAP Enterprises Finger Rest by http://www.concealablecontrol.com/

Whatever you get, be sure you learn how to properly remove your magazine's floorplate.

BF

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The G26 is designed to be fired with your pinky curled under the magazine base. It's easy, just try it. If you are just too manly to curl a pinky, try a Pearce +0 base.

4. cyberiad

cyberiad

I like the GAP Enterprises rests too but have never tried any of the others. I knew after reading about them that I didn't want anything that added length. I prefer smaller size for concealment. With proper support hand technique it's not a problem to shoot a G26 with the middle fingers of the strong hand on the grip, in my experience.

5. TurkeyTrack

TurkeyTrack

From practical experience, the extensions do not deter from concealment, for me. The +1's work just fine. Try the G19 mag for even more rounds.
    ;)

6. roymail

roymail

I have one of each and for me it's a non-issue with the 26. I think the Pearce ext. "looks nice" and does provide a place for that last finger but it doesn't enable me to shoot better. :)

7. douglasd

douglasd CLM

I have the Pearce +2 for my 26 and 27, although it adds only ONE extra round. Don't know why it's called +P.

But I do think it's the best looking of all the ones made.

8. Oneiros

Oneiros

Why not go with the glock brand that adds two rounds? That's what I use and it doesn't add much more at all to the gun than the other +0's do. Check it out:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. ecmills

ecmills I shoot guns.

Becuase many people think the Pearce PG 2733 looks better, is slightly lower-profile, and adds one roun. The checkering on the front also pretty much matches a 3rd-gen glock's finger grooves. :)

[​IMG]

10. douglasd

douglasd CLM

I have some that I got free from CDNN (I think they were GLOCK extensions), but I really like the looks of the Pearce much better.

I realize looks don't mean much in a carry gun, and the extra round might be needed, but...

11. Oneiros

Oneiros

It'd be a cold day in hell when I actually decide a another manufacturer to replace parts in my glock when I have the option of glock parts. :supergrin:

12. douglasd

douglasd CLM

Well, when the other manufacturer makes a part that looks more like a GLOCK part than GLOCK makes...:supergrin:

13. katana8869

katana8869 NativeFloridian

Ya' know, I really have to take a moment to congratulate myself for being secure enough not to have this particular insecurity :rofl: :thumbsup:

14. rfd339

rfd339 Silver Member

i have pearce #pg2733 on my g27. they work well for me and look very well on a g27 or g26.

15. Picketeer

Picketeer

Personally, I like the +0 for my G26 mag extensions.......[​IMG]

16. x

x Glockaholic

The PG-26XL is 1/4 inch longer than the standard PG-26 and can be used on Glock Model 26, 27, 33 and Model 39. It does not alter magazine capacity.

It all comes down to what it feels like in your hand. I started with the standard smooth Pearce Grip PG-26, and switched to the PG-26XL, because it is 1/4" longer and looks like a Glock stock part, with the same finger groves, and it just felt right.

You can also use Glock 19 or 17 magazines in a Glock 26 with a A&G grip extension, if you happen to have a Glock 19 or 17 and want to use the same magazines in both guns. The A&G Grip gives you something to hand on to.

I prefer the PG-26LX over the A&G grip, but that's a personal preference.

17. +1

My glock floorplate adds +2 rounds on my G26. Who cares what it looks like when its riding in my waistband?

That is the whole point of a Glock to begin with. Function over flash.

18. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Brrrrrrr. FWIW, Pearce originally provided the + mag extensions for Glock (which is the reason Pearce extensions are still allowed in use at GSSF matches).

The PG-2733 from Pearce will add 1 or 2 rounds of 9mm often depending upon the mag follower. Works fine; does nothing to impact whether or not the heel of the grip frame 'prints' more. The Glock OEM 7151 will also do the same thing but, being a bit bigger nearly always affords 2 more rounds of 9mm. Have used both; they both work fine. (Never cared for the Scherer as it's just bigger enough on the back end to be uncomfortable to my hand.)

:patriot:

19. douglasd

douglasd CLM

I do! :supergrin: I like a little flash with my function! :tongueout:

20. arizona_andy

arizona_andy Caliber Realist

The PG-2733 really does look even more like a GLOCK part than the GLOCK +2 extender does. Plus, it is capable of holding 2 extra rounds as well. The PG-2733 is my choice.