close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 26 mag. extensions....

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ScottMn, Apr 16, 2012.

1. ScottMn

ScottMn

I've been shooting my G26 for a few months now and my groups have tightened up nicely but I do tend to "drop" a few shots now and then especially when fireing doubles or fast fire. I have the Pearce XL extensions on two of the mags that I carry. I find them comfortable and they do allow me to get a more positive grip when drawing but I wonder if they could be influencing/causing the dropped shots? The 26 has a small backstrap and with my large hands I'm wondering if some added pressure of my pinky could be rolling the gun down when trying to shoot quickly?

Have any of you experienced the same thing? Right now, I'm wondering if and extension like the GAP might provide a good two finger draw and eliminate the influence of my pinky. Any thoughts?

Thanks

2. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

I doubt it's your pinky that's influencing the low shots. You're probably flinching more than likely.

3. JerryC09

JerryC09

Why not try shooting without the extensions to see if your shooting improves? Years ago when qualifying with a .38 spl. revolver, part of the routine was 5 shots at 25 yards shot offhand, and we were taught pinky under the grip. Now, 40+ years later, I've lost a bit more than half my right pinky finger. I find my shooting to be better with the G26 then with the G19, primarily because my remains of a pinky under the grip does more to stabilize than in a full handle grip on the G19. It might work the same way even if you still have your entire right pinky.

4. LSglock89

LSglock89

I'm trying to find out the sweet spot for myself as far as grip extensions go. One mag is the stock base plate, one is the PG-26 and I just got a GAP floor plate. I'm digging the GAP so far.

5. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member Silver Member

6. James Dean

James Dean

I like the Pearce +3 on my G26 Gen4

7. tango44

tango44

G26 is deadly accurate with Glock 7151+ Extensions!
    + gives me 2 more rounds in each mag!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  8. Lindenwood

Lindenwood

Yes, sounds like flinching rather than an equipment problem!

Try:

Dry-fire practice
    Lighter loads
    Shooting slower, and with either fewer rounds per session or at least take some breaks here and there.

I dont shoot that much better with my pearce +2s, but I like the feel and the improved draw a whole lot.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

9. Valdrin

Valdrin

I find that I shout my G26 better without any extension, so if I were you I would give it a try and see what happens.

10. Bruce M

Bruce M

I seem to do a bit better without any magazine extensions also. Might be worth a try and it ought to be a quick way to determine whether that is an issue or not.

11. ScottMn

ScottMn

Thanks for the replies. I've done a fair amount of dry fire practice and I can't seem to duplicate a front sight "drop" then. When taking single shots......some recover time inbetween.....I don't seem to have much of a problem. It's during doubles etc. when I seem to drop a few now and then.

I'm not ruling out flinching or lack of experience. Blaming equipment is and easy way out and a poor excuse in most cases. I have shot with the factory mag, Pearce XL +0, and a 19 mag with a sleeve. I settled on practicing the most with the Pearce since they do allow for an easier draw with my large hands and yet don't enlarge the footprint of the gun as much as other options when carrying. I don't remember a problem with the factory or the 19 mag/sleeve but I haven't shot them much since first getting the pistol so I'll have to revisit those the next time out.

It was also suggested to me that perhaps I'm "milking" the grip from time to time when shooting multiples and that concentrating on a firm/consistant grip may solve the low shots. More food for thought. With the short back strap of the 26 using the XL extensions the extensions are well past the heel of the grip creating a sort of lever for my pinky to act against if the hold isn't consistant throughout the shots. Kinda makes sense but some more experimentation/ practice time is definately in order.

Thanks again and have a good one!

12. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

Try a dummy or snap cap as your second round, then fire twice quickly.

It is you:) If it is less of a problem going slow, that is good. But you've got to keep that same control as you speed up.

13. mce993

mce993

Try a plain old G19 mag. Gives you the pinky extension and 15 rounds. I carry one as my spare mag.