Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 6 OEM mags for my Glock 26. The original 3 I added the +2 pinky extension (and plate), plus I bought 3 more OEM 12 round mags. I know the springs are supposed to be the same between the 10 & 12 round mags but... my three original mags were somewhat difficult to load 10 rounds into but after adding the +2 extensions, are a real struggle to get just 10 rounds into now! I also purchased 3 supposedly 12 round OEM mags, 2 of which hold 12, as advertised, but the 3rd will simply not take #12. Fortunately, they all function just fine but the inability to load the full 12 rounds is a bit... disconcerting, to say the least. I have loaded and shot all 6 mags many times but they are not any easier to load, nor have the mags that will not take a full 12 rounds come any closer to holding 12 after being fired (and being loaded to max when not in use). I am not used to having Glock stuff not work correctly! Any suggestions?
Cheers,
crkckr

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
The Glock 26 and Glock 19 use the same magazine springs. For that reason the Glock +2 do not need a different spring. Take the +2 you are having problems with apart and put it back together. Then try loading 12 into it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have, unfortunately already tried that. The original 10 round mags (with extension installed) have about 400 rounds thru them, while the 3rd factory Glock 12 rounder has only a hundred or so. All have been loaded to capacity since I got them... the original 3 for nearly a year now and the one new one for about a month. Of the 4 mags that won't take any more rounds, not one is any closer to allowing another round at all (and that's leaning heavily on the mag loader... and when I lean heavily, I am not at all joking!). Does anyone know of anything internally that would stop the mag from holding full capacity? The 3 original mags are much harder to load just the 10 rounds with the extension installed than they were without the extension! I have disassembled the 3 mags several times but I can see nothing obvious, although I do at times have to hit in the head with something solid before I see the problem. However, in most cases, I don't have to look as long as I have with these mags! Whatever it is, it would appear to be relatively subtle. I am open to any suggestions for things I haven't already tried.
Thanks,
Cheers,
crkckr

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, make that 4 mags (out of 6). The 3 original will barely take 10 rounds and one of the new mags will only take 11. They all seem to have a hard stop after their max has been reached. Again, all function perfectly, except for capacity.
Cheers,
crkckr

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Use a maglula. It helps. Also make sure the mag inserts are fully seated, especially on the + extension the can be finicky to get fully seated properly

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I honestly don't think I should have to spend another $35 to get these mags to hold the correct number of rounds. Using the the Glock loading tool, on the 4 mags that won't hold the correct number of rounds, I cannot push the the last cartridge down (10 rounds on the 3 original mags and 11 on the second batch) even half a cartridge diameter. They will load into the pistol with the slide closed but take a good tap to get them to lock in place. This is very frustrating for me as I've never had this much trouble with Glock products before. My G21 loads the stated 13 rounds in all of the mags so designated and while it can be a bit of a thumb buster, can be done without the loading tool. The 9mm mags all require the use of the loading tool and simply cannot be loaded by hand. And I still cannot understand why my original 3 mags are more difficult to load just 10 rounds with the extension in place than they were without the extension. Very weird!
Cheers,
crkckr

·
Daca is caca
3,935 Posts
Think thats bad try getting #9 in a g30 flush mag

·
Registered
209 Posts
I honestly don't think I should have to spend another $35 to get these mags to hold the correct number of rounds. Using the the Glock loading tool, on the 4 mags that won't hold the correct number of rounds, I cannot push the the last cartridge down (10 rounds on the 3 original mags and 11 on the second batch) even half a cartridge diameter. They will load into the pistol with the slide closed but take a good tap to get them to lock in place. This is very frustrating for me as I've never had this much trouble with Glock products before. My G21 loads the stated 13 rounds in all of the mags so designated and while it can be a bit of a thumb buster, can be done without the loading tool. The 9mm mags all require the use of the loading tool and simply cannot be loaded by hand. And I still cannot understand why my original 3 mags are more difficult to load just 10 rounds with the extension in place than they were without the extension. Very weird!
Cheers,
crkckr
What extensions are you using?

·
Premium Member
15,608 Posts
Sir,
I always found Glock OEM springs / mags to be reluctant to fill to capacity, but I’m sure they were designed that way for a reason . “Glock Perfection” and all that.
I really like the +2 HYVE magazine extensions for my G26. I like the look, the feel and the quality.
Yes, I can get all 12 rounds in the magazine +1 in the pipe.
If I am not mistaken every new Glock sold, comes with a magazine loader assist. Use it, it makes a BIG difference.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All of my extensions are OEM Glock. And I am using the loading tool... I was able (just barely) to get 10 rounds in the original 3, 10 round mags by hand but it is of course easier with the loading tool. With the OEM +2 extension on the same 3 original mags, it is a struggle to get the 10 rounds in, much less the extra 2 it's supposed to hold! I like the extensions anyway, they make the grip much nicer for my fat fingers but it would be nice to even get 11 rounds in there. 12, as advertised, would be "Perfection!"
Cheers,
crkckr

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have never had an issue getting 12 rounds into my +2 G26 mags, I run the +2 on a lot of my glocks (G19, G45). I'd double check and make sure the the base plate insert is all the way seated. You can tell by the looking at the base of the mag (Hole), the insert should be flat against the base plate. It can be a pain aligning the insert into the baseplate while installing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Doberman, I'm jealous. The mags are assembled correctly, in fact I'm not sure you can put them together incorrectly and still get them to hold together. I've had all of the mags apart numerous times, traded the parts back and forth between mags but nothing seems to matter. It is a very frustrating situation!
Cheers,
crkckr

1 - 12 of 12 Posts