GlockTalk Forum banner

921 - 940 of 979 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Does it really matter? I think my G26 is an excellent carry gun, albeit a bit thick for my preferred pocket carry. But so is my Ruger LC9s. And my S&W 642. And my Ruger sr40c. One might be "better" in some ways than another, but the differences are pretty minor. I think any of the four that I named can do the job of providing me with a self defense capability. I really like the simplicity of the 26, the ease of taking it down for cleaning, and for the known reliability. But in my experience, my Rugers are just as reliable as the Glock, and my S&W snubbie is about as foolproof as a firearm could possibly be other than a two shot side by side shotgun.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Have you tried Sig Sauer P365?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tried one, didn’t care for it. The grip is TOO small, I like being able to get the heel of my support hand solidly on the side of the grip for a good stable hold.

The Sig would be better for pocket carry, but if I’m going to do that, I prefer something lighter.

Finally, being a Sig, the magazines are grossly overpriced.

The P365 is a fine gun, just not for me. I’m sticking with the G26.

·
Registered
144 Posts
"I'm a man.I can change. I guess. If I have to."(Red Green)

This epic thread has taken me to task. To really ask myself what is the best carry sidearm, for me.

The baby-bump on the 26,tho I tried to get used to it(years),I never could. It always felt a bit awkward in my hands.

When I picked up a P365XL I was smitten. No sense in me going on about it. No doubt you've all heard the reports. Yep,the red dot is the next thing for this old codger.

The G26 is a fine weapon. I did enjoy having it but I think this Sig from New Hampshire is the one for me.

Keeping my G19 pistols and will carry them til I get used to the Sig. Both having 15+1 capacity.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Bought a 26 years back and couldn’t ever get comfy with it. It shot ok but after carrying a 17/19/30 size frame the 26 felt like this tiny brick in my pants.

I bought a pair of those flush base plates that had the little tab that stuck out. Forget what they were called but never tried them. Got them sitting around somewhere and need to get rid of them. If I find them somebody can have them.
Are you talking about the GAP floorplates?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Even if you do not consider it the best, it would be hard to justify saying it was not an adequate firearm for concealed carry and personal defense. We are fortunate to live at a time when most guns are reliable and reasonably accurate as well as readily concealable. I think that the reliability factor puts the 26 in a top category and its capacity of 11 rounds is certainly superior to many other compact handguns such as 8 round 1911's and 5 round 2-inch revolvers.

·
Registered
146 Posts
G27.5? How about glock make a G33.5?
I took my permit test with a Gen 3 33. Scored 100%. I loved it! I thought it was the most power in the smallest package that I could get and I thought it was infinitely more shootable than the 27. The 33 is just a quick pop where the 27 is a longer torquing snap recoil that made my splits longer and less accurate. All was right in the world until I had a ONCE chambered 125 grain Speer Gold Dot set back in the case about 3mm. If I had needed to touch that round off, I believe I was holding a hand grenade. That was the day my niece was born in 2015. I moved to 9mm quick fast and in a hurry. But man I did love that little laser beam, palm sized Glock. Oh and my LGS wanted $34 for a box of 50 American eagle practice loads. That was a *****.

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk mobile app

Reactions: SlickCZ85

·
Registered
236 Posts
I took my permit test with a Gen 3 33. Scored 100%. I loved it! I thought it was the most power in the smallest package that I could get and I thought it was infinitely more shootable than the 27. The 33 is just a quick pop where the 27 is a longer torquing snap recoil that made my splits longer and less accurate. All was right in the world until I had a ONCE chambered 125 grain Speer Gold Dot set back in the case about 3mm. If I had needed to touch that round off, I believe I was holding a hand grenade. That was the day my niece was born in 2015. I moved to 9mm quick fast and in a hurry. But man I did love that little laser beam, palm sized Glock. Oh and my LGS wanted $34 for a box of 50 American eagle practice loads. That was a *****.

If Glock decides to do a G33 gen 5, I hope they use the heavier slide now found on the 27.5. It will make it even sweeter. Like you, in terms of a production gun, the 33 gets you the bang in the smallest package. That said, the 26 is no slouch with some of todays bullets at +p.

·
Registered
146 Posts
If Glock decides to do a G33 gen 5, I hope they use the heavier slide now found on the 27.5. It will make it even sweeter. Like you, in terms of a production gun, the 33 gets you the bang in the smallest package. That said, the 26 is no slouch with some of todays bullets at +p.
My theory is that the heavier slide is to make it cycle with less force to be compatible with the new (old) two pin design. This also leads me to conclude that my Gen 4 26 with its 3 pin design is some what over built for a 9mm. This may or may not be sound logic, but it makes me feel like the Gen 4 3 pin design gives you some added strength for hot 9mm loads without needing to add mass to the slide. I appreciate the finger groove on the baby Glock and I like the more defined wall of the Gen 4 trigger. My Gen 4 26 has my favorite Glock factory trigger I’ve ever had. I like it so much that I haven’t put a smooth face trigger from a 17 in it because I don’t want to take the chance of changing its characteristics any at all. ALL my Glocks have smooth faced triggers except for this one.

·
Registered
669 Posts
No it doesn’t. I had one. It’s just a snappier gun with a longer grip. If I want a grip that long I’ll go to a 19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I respectfully disagree the Glock 26 is a great gun I have one but come on man... as Sleepy Joe would say A total of 16 rounds in a slimmer gun than the Glock 19 really:)

·
Registered
236 Posts
I respectfully disagree the Glock 26 is a great gun I have one but come on man... as Sleepy Joe would say A total of 16 rounds in a slimmer gun than the Glock 19 really:)
IMO, its not all about capacity. Shot placement is the outcome of good “shootability”. To me the 48 and 43x have odd ergos, therefore messing with my ability to shoot the pistol how I like. The double stack 9s from glock (26, 19, 45, 17, 34), in my hands, feel right. I’ve had the 48. The 26 and 19 are not that much less concealable but they offer a better grip, more control, more natural trigger finger placement, and ultimately better shot placement.

921 - 940 of 979 Posts