Featured Glock 26 is the best carry gun ever

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Quigley, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Virgil1920

Virgil1920

Absolutely, in my 33 year carrying experience, the Glock 26 is # 1.

The Glock 36, 45ACP, comes in at #2.

Big1 likes this.
  2. William Strutz

William Strutz

3. William Strutz

William Strutz

How about buying some Shield Arms 15 round mags for the G43X or G48 you can add a 5 round extension & have 20 in one short mag I carry the G48

4. oogy_pls

oogy_pls

This thread made me go out and buy another 26. I sold mine about 6 months ago and after reading this I had wondered what compelled me to sell it. Went and handled one at the store and fell back in love. Back to carrying it IWB with factory +2s. Great package.

Quigley, Big1, snowbird.40 and 4 others like this.
  5. Bradley T

Bradley T

I shot a 27 once. I liked it. You may be right about the 26 being the best!

Quigley, snowbird.40 and Virgil1920 like this.
  6. FunkJammin

FunkJammin Millennium Member

Hi,

Yes, unless you live in a 10 round limit state as I once did, then would say G30. Fit is important for a G26 as are night sights (I like XS big dots).

After 20+ years of using a sidearmor IWB I recently switched to a infidel comptac Ultra max IWB which is super comfortable.

Good luck!

-Funk

Quigley likes this.
  7. Sickmak90

Sickmak90

I carried a 26 for years but I have to admit I much much much prefer the g48 now. I'd say it is probably a little less concealable than a g26 with a flat baseplate but I find it more comfortable to carry and easier to draw. YMMV.

markman likes this.
  8. Trgtguy

Trgtguy

Famous Gunwriters such as Mass Ayoob , have found in numerous test of the Glock 26, and also the Glock 30 , that these 2 pistols rival and surpass the target accuracy of their full sized pistols such as the G- 17 and log barreled 34 at 25 yards . He says the tight barrel lock up is what does the trick in these 2 .

snowbird.40, SlickCZ85 and MCCM like this.
  9. stevebla

stevebla

Truth&Balance and SlickCZ85 like this.
  10. G17Mike

G17Mike

11. Master Guns

Master Guns

Not a big fan of Mass. he changes his mind about calibers and pistols way to often. I am more of a Chuck Taylor guy. He was doing glocks before most. He training is a lot more straight forward then Mass. Mass sold out to the gun companies long ago.

Madd Trapper likes this.
  12. mds1140

mds1140 nothing to see here, move along

Being open to change is a good thing :alien:

SlickCZ85 and Master Guns like this.
  13. SlickCZ85

SlickCZ85

Change identifies we are all lifelong students. Sometimes we learn new things and when you've established a respected platform, like Mass, you share what you learn.

snowbird.40 likes this.
  14. Master Guns

Master Guns

Another area of disagreement is his support of Ed Sanow and Even Marshall book on hand gun stopping power. Chuck Taylor and many other debunked that sham of a book. Just not a Fan of Mass. to flaky for me.

on to other things. The G26 is an amazing compact gun. Accurate and reliable. Takes bigger mags as well. A little on the thick side but hard to beat it’s toughness and reliability.

Madd Trapper, mds1140 and SlickCZ85 like this.
  15. SlickCZ85

SlickCZ85

Very good point. I agree with you on that point and I could see it being a good reason to question the man's creds.

Master Guns likes this.
  16. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

The G26/27 frame is just too short for me to get a comfortable grip.

It is also thicker than I would prefer for a compact CCW pistol... now saying this is kind of funny for a guy who has had double-stack 45ACP (G41, G21, G30 and G30S) on his carry rotation since he started carrying.

If I could get one for a decent price in California my choice would be a G43X or G48 with Sheild Arms S15 mags. They can't be sold new in California and the secondary market has them in the $1300-2000 price range right now. I paid a premium for my G30S and G41 but it was nominal compared to what off-roster pistols are fetching in the California market right now.

In circumstances when double-stack 45ACP Glock is a bit too large to carry, I carry a Kahr P45 or a Kahr CW9.

17. oogy_pls

oogy_pls

Got the 26 back in rotation now after the recent purchase. added OEM+2's to the mags and carry a 19x mag as a back up. Runs great and I'm glad I went back to it.

Big1, snowbird.40 and SlickCZ85 like this.
  18. yep380

yep380

Check out the magpul 12 rd G26 mag if you haven’t already. Magpul are the only non-oem mag I trust.

Big1 and oogy_pls like this.
  19. oogy_pls

oogy_pls

Oh for sure, I had one with my last 26. I went oem this time around but I have plenty of the Magpuls. Only worthwhile aftermarket mag as far as Glocks go IMO.

snowbird.40, MCCM and yep380 like this.
  20. snowbird.40

snowbird.40

I, too, am going back to a G26; this one is a Gen 4. I pick it up on Monday and am really looking forward to shooting it again. It will share EDC duties with my Sig P365, which has proven to be utterly reliable through about 1,000 rounds. If I do my part, the Sig does its part.

For the sake of familiarity, I'll start with two mags wearing Pearce Grip extensions and one with a GAP floorplate, although if I need that deep of concealment, I can easily use the Sig or drop my LCPII into the front pocket.

I've been away from the 26 for about two years now. I picked up a very nice used G27.4 this summer from a fellow GT member, but after an IDPA match and some range time, I had to admit the recoil was a bit much for my old arms and wrists. Back on 04-05 my first Glock was a 27 and I was content for a while with it. I used to think those who called it 'snappy' to be a bit too sensitive. Now, I am too.

yep380 and Orive 8 like this.