Featured Glock 26 is the best carry gun ever

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Quigley, Mar 8, 2019.

1. g23lefty

g23lefty

JM Custom Kydex. Tony’s AIWB model is fantastic. I use it for my 26 and my 19/23.

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk mobile app

2. jmontgomery

jmontgomery

Ditto. JMCK AIWB wing claw 2.5
    IMG_20190810_164817.jpg

Big1 and Teecher45 like this.

3. Dom Pastore

Dom Pastore dpast32

Good Morning Folks,

I just happened across this little fact while watching a documentary program the other day. I'm sure it won't come as a big surprise to most of us here, but I felt it was worth relating.
    The program was about the current, 2019 era anti-Taliban op's in Pakistan, & although only an hour long, it proved very interesting. all

As the camera filmed the inside of the Chief of Pakistan's C.I.D. Division heading out on an night raid, & right next to him, unholstered on the seat was a GLOCK 26.n
    [ Looked Gen. 3 to me. ] The 'Chief' was the head of all Pakistani anti terror operations, & has undergone 9 known attacks on his person.
    He's had his throat cut, been blown up, I think he's been shot, etc. The point I'm trying to make is that with all the threats he faces on a daily basis, he as chosen a GLOCK 26 as his personal protection handgun. To me, that appears to be quite an endorsement !! [ I should also note that he does have a 24 / 7 personal bodyguard detail. ] O.K., Just another Glock doing what it's supposed to do, right ? Personally, I'd be interested in knowing the load he carries on his G26, although based upon my prior reference, I strongly suspect that it's probably loaded up with good old 115 or 124 FMC / FMJ ?

Regards, dpast32

Teecher45, Quade and CC Glock like this.
  4. buster55

buster55 Senior Member CLM

Can't Picture 013.jpg beat the 26 ,it is a great cc gun

Glock 17L, Quigley, Pistolay and 2 others like this.
  5. CC Glock

CC Glock

It's still my favorite and the first glock I ever purchased. G26 for life!

Quigley, Pistolay and AdamRodgers like this.
  6. JW1178

JW1178

G27 checking in, basically the same thing. I have carried this thing for 20 years. I've gotten other guns, but really, nothing I trust more than this one.

glock1097, CC Glock, Quade and 3 others like this.
  7. Teecher45

Teecher45

Isn’t it funny how everyone is different when it comes to how a gun feels.
    I carried a 365 for about 6 months. Couldn’t shoot it worth a darn and hated the trigger.
    Had a coworker trade me his unfired G-27 (same thing, I don’t care about caliber) for the 365 and we’re both happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glock1097, CC Glock, MCCM and 2 others like this.
  8. Dom Pastore

Dom Pastore dpast32

Duplicate Post deleted.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  9. Dom Pastore

Dom Pastore dpast32

Good Morning All, I was just thinking, yet another great feature of the Glock 26 is that you can always install an 'X-Grip' or similar brand of extension to both up your magazine capacity, & to enhance your control of the weapon. In essence, you can convert your little G26 into either an 19 or 17 as far as capacity & control is concerned. Of course you're still going to have a 3.46" barrel, but that's the price you pay for having the convenience of a smaller, more compact handgun. An excellent all around CCW piece, provided you don't mind the somewhat thicker frame. Personally, I wouldn't mind picking up a Gen. 5 example, but I've got to first convince myself that I really need one, which I probably do not !

Best, dpast32

10. picrthis

picrthis

we all have opinions it means not much

11. Hardy Wheeless

Hardy Wheeless

I carry mine as much or more than my 43...but I do hate the hump on the back of the grip. Just not natural for me and seems so unnecessary. I’m wanting to try a slight grip reduction to see if that helps.

12. Pistol Pete 10

Pistol Pete 10

Best carry gun ever for me is a 642 revolver. Try getting a Glock out of your pocket.

glock1097 and BACKTOGLOCK like this.
  13. MacMilly

MacMilly

I couldn’t agree with this idea more. I loved my 26, but the 365 nullifies so much of what the 26 offers by doing it better. The one thing the 365 does that I don’t like is make me change my mechanics away from the glock manual of arms.

snowbird.40 and rock_castle like this.
  14. MacMilly

MacMilly

this will change in time. More people will adopt the 320. Sig will have to hammer out every little thing that is wrong with the 320 over the course of that contract with DoD. In the end, the 320 could well end up the best striker fired pistol on the market. I’m not saying we’re there yet, but it’s damn near inevitable that the 320 will go through some revisions once the army puts some high round counts on those guns. Should be good. Might take a decade, but I’ll bet more of carry 320s by the end of it.

15. Dom Pastore

Dom Pastore dpast32

From what I gather, there doesn't appear to be anything at all wrong with going the new Sig route. ANY reliable, accurate, & controllable handgun will serve you well, provided you invest the time to shoot it enough to learn it's idiosyncrasies. I've been using Glock's since about 1992, & really don't wish to change now. I also use Sigs, although they're all the older P Series. I carried a Sig P225 for quite awhile, until Glock introduced the 26. I discovered I could go with the new G26, with higher capacity, less weight, smaller overall, & just as 'shootable'. But, as another Poster just stated, for deep cover & speed of draw into action, not many things will beat a S&W 642.

glock1097, yep380 and AdamRodgers like this.
  16. rock_castle

rock_castle Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Everything has changed for me. I discovered the Hellcat. What a great gun it is.

BACKTOGLOCK and AdamRodgers like this.
  17. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

I don’t carry guns in my pockets. That is what an IWB holster is for. Try getting off 11 rounds in under 2 seconds with a 642.

18. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

Still carrying the Glock 26 everyday. It is just so easy to conceal and so shootable.

glock1097, E.Bar, Pistolay and 3 others like this.
  19. seang23or32

seang23or32

26.5 with OEM 12 round magazine has been working real well for me lately. Using a Tulster IWB holster for carry although thinking about ordering a Stealthgear Revolution for it, I have one for my 48 and it is very comfortable.

After going back and forth, I have found the wider grip on the 26 easier to shoot than the 48 and the 12 round mag gives me a full grip but seems to print less than the 48 as well. My father had a 26.5 that he was not happy with so he got my 43x and I got a second 26.

G19 fan, Quigley and El Pistolero like this.
  20. WildBill-203

WildBill-203

What brand IWB holster is in the photo?

Glock 17L likes this.