Featured Glock 26 is the best carry gun ever

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Quigley, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

Been carrying a gun everyday for 12 years and I am here to tell you that the 26 is the best carry gun ever (says me). Before you get all bent out of shape hear me out. My first carry gun was a Glock 27, then a P3AT, then SP101, then LCR, then Springfield EMP, then LC9s Pro, then Glock 43, then and now the 26. I've owned the 26 for a long time but didnt start carrying it until the elections 2016 when things started heating up. Having the Glock reliability and a backup 17 round mag as a spare it gives me a world of confidence.

This little pistol out shoots its size by a large factor. I can shoot it better than I've been able to shoot any other gun I've ever carried. I have a 17 and a 19(pictured) and I can shoot it close to if not just as well as I can shoot them. I IWB it at 3oclock with the flush 10 round magazine (picured) and it just doesnt print and is so easy to conceal. The grip is short enough that any outline that is made through the shirt doesnt look like a gun.

The only mods I've done to the pistol are Ameriglo CAP sights(mandatory) and a 3.5lb connector(preferred).

Now dont get me wrong, I love my bigger Glocks but for a carry gun the Glock 26 is unmatched.

Edit: I should add in here that I've owned over 100 different handguns. These are just the ones that have made as my daily carry. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  2. Rocky7

Rocky7 Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member

The issue should be what fits the hand, accuracy and reliability.

The above being said this is the smallest platform that I can get to fit hand, I also use Pearce plus 2 extensions, they embrace (40) mags.

I have (3) 26’s left, and agree that this platform of 26/27/33 is my preference in appendix, smart carry or pocket.

I’ve used the platform in Competition as well, and after practices in the spring many a ground hog has been shot at distance of 47 yards. With diligence and practice many will find this platform shoots as well as any longer barreled Glock.

3. John Biltz

John Biltz

I agree. I've said the same thing here a few times.

4. powernoodle

powernoodle

"Best" is highly subjective. But you did say best for you, and one cannot argue with that.

Having carried for a long, long time now, I have grown weary of anything chunky, heavy or unwieldy on the belt. For me, the 26 is a chunkster and I just won't put up with it anymore.

5. oldmick

oldmick

Not sure I’d say it’s THE best (for me anyway), but certainly one of the best. I caary mine OWB and it’s very comfortable, good capacity, extremely reliable and accurate. The 239 and 320c are two more of my favorites.

Horn and glock1097 like this.
  6. Orive 8

Orive 8

It's nice when one finds the "best" anything for themselves. While the 26 may be the "best" carry gun for you, it might not be for the next guy or gal.

My wife - she's been EDCing a Glock 26 since 2005 when she switched to it. Same gun, same style holster, a FIST ultra thin kydex IWB, daily - from the time she gets dressed until she goes to bed. She might agree with it being the "best" carry gun for her - at this time (she's carried a few different guns over the years).

Me - I actually don't like the 26, the rear grip hump is horrible on this gun, my opinion of course. Last year I ran into a used Gen 3 26 that had a grip reduction and stippling job - it removed the grip hump, guess what; I really like that 26. But honestly, I carry a 19 daily, so for me the "best" EDC is the Glock 19.

Its good to have choices, and today - all of us gun owners have LOTS of good choices.

7. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

If I could have only one pistol, it would be the Glock 26 hands down. Been my off-duty carry for years. G26.4 with Trijicon HD night sights and Xgrip with G19 mag. G19 mag as back up. Shoots every bit as good as it's big brother.

8. AdamRodgers

AdamRodgers \m/ SLAYER!!!! \m/

I know I like mine alot. Between my 2 most carried pistols, the G26 & LC9s I have been caring my little Ruger the most for the past 10 or so month's. I have been enamored by the LC9 & LC9s pistols since Ruger introduced them, I find there a very nice small single stack. Saying that, if I was only able to keep the Rugers or my 2 G26.....

.....I would have no problem keeping the G26 pistols. The big thing for me is the ability to use my G19 and G17 mags in the G26, and for me, it's easy to go from the G17 to a G19 to a 19X then to the G26. It's a very flexible carry piece.

Just my 2 cent.
    :cheers:

9. kyjd75

kyjd75

I agree that the 26 seems to be a great shooter, but for me, it just doesn't fit my hand at all. I have a bunch of Glocks. But the 26 is one of the few that I got rid of, because I just couldn't stand the way it felt in my hand. For me the 43 (or 365) is a much better CC option. If I want 15 rounds then the 19 will do just fine.

BigT1956, esmith1721, Horn and 3 others like this.
  10. LostinTexas

LostinTexas Exploring Alternate Routes

I can't shoot a 26 for love nor money, well, without the 19 mag and extension sleeve on it.
    Everyone doesn't have the same "Best". Glad you found yours.

R_P_K_, Horn, Quigley and 1 other person like this.
  11. WT

WT Millennium Member

It's the BEST or close to being the BEST.

With 10 round mag restrictions coming down the pike it may become much more popular.

A long time ago a GT mechanical engineer posted why it was so accurate compared to larger Glocks. He got into partial differential equations, triple integrals, stress analysis, etc. A good write-up.

12. Blackshirt

Blackshirt

Glock subcompacts fit me well, also. I went with the G33.3 for the extra velocity/KE. I added a Pearce +0 mag extension to compensate for the extra recoil and use a G32 mag for a reload, and have been rewarded with a very shootable "demi-magnum."

IMG_0422.JPG

26bmann, Macc283, brew and 5 others like this.
  13. Damn_Yankee

Damn_Yankee

I have to agree @Quigley. I've been around the block, much like you have, with different carry guns. The G26 best fills that role for me. Slap a 15 or 17 round mag in it and it's a great HD pistol, as well.

JokerG23, ILeft and Quigley like this.
  14. srjdsmith

srjdsmith

I disagree ‘for me’. But maybe because I don’t have a G26. I sometimes wonder if I should have gotten a 26 instead of the 43. But I love my 43- and it goes everywhere with me, even in Sunday-go-to-meetin’s, even in shorts, even... well, you get the picture.

Also, I shoot the G43 very well. I’m happy with my groups in all kinds of practice and training situations. In bulky clothes, I’m quite happy to have my G30s, but it does not get nearly as much service time as the G43. Maybe a 43x some day. Or a G26. But G43 will always be my first CCW love.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Burque-IL, Lawdog3, jimtl and 3 others like this.
  15. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

I would be very interested in reading that. I have a degree in Civil Engineering and another one in Applied Math.

El Rayo-X and Dr_fast like this.
  16. rock_castle

rock_castle Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

I used to think this too for many years....until I got a P365. Now the G26 is the second best. The P365 just bests it in every measure. Two great guns.

17. -JCN-

-JCN-

The G26 is a GREAT gun. It's versatile, durable and reliable.
    It also shoots very well and is accurate.

Like others have said, "BEST" comes with a lot of caveats though.

Is it the "BEST" you've tried... well, that can be limited by what you've really had trigger time with.

Carry guns often have a very personal trade off of comfort vs. concealability vs. shootability and for some, cost.

I shoot the G26 pretty well... but I shoot a G34, Shadow 2, EDC X9, P229 and anything with a red dot better than a G26.

So it all comes down to what you're willing to trade off convenience wise for performance.

I'm glad you've found a gun that fulfills that niche well for you!

But why the public declaration?

18. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

Except spare mag capacity, track record, cost of spare mags, availability of spare parts and every other category where it doesnt.

Lawdog3, mdell49, bigsteve113 and 4 others like this.
  19. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

Cool.

After 24-1/2 years of daily carry, I feel the same way about the G42 and LCP.

20. James Dean

James Dean

When I start to sell off my Glocks the two that will stay are my G26 Gen4 and my G42. My two favorite Glocks. As much as I like the Springfield XD Mod2 sc and the HK VP9sk I find the G26 still carries better IWB. I also have so many Glock 17 and G19 mags that will run in the G26.

AdamRodgers and Quigley like this.