close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 26; Heinie or Novak's??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by pevadijk, Jan 13, 2006.

1. pevadijk

pevadijk

I want to put a pair of better sights on my Glock 26 and I have narrowed my selection down to Heinie SlantPro's or a pair of Novak 3-dot's.

I only do target shooting and my G26 is my fungun, but since I should on targets that have large black area's, I'm a bit puzzled if the 'all-black' Heinie's would be a good choice?
    It also looks like the Novaks are a bit lower and that the SlantPro's would be on the tall side, or am I wrong?

Pictures of G26's with Heinie's or Novak's would help I guess, so if you have some, please post them.

2. 4eyes

4eyes Provocateur

Want a no dollar option prior to buying new sights?

Use a sharp utility knife, Exacto, pocket knife, etc, and cut the black out from around the standard rear white "U". Puts more light on each side of the front sight and makes it easier to find. If you cut too much black and the "U" gets loose, a drop of Superglue will hold it.

If you can live with the cut rear, get a fiber optic front. FO fronts really jump at your eyes during target acquisition.

3. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Heinies are a great range choice. Just for grins, here's one of my regular companions (due for an Agrip replacement). It's both carry gun and my sub-compact buddy in GSSF.
    [​IMG]

Rear is a target black Aro-Tek; front is an Ameriglo Tritium. Both from Lonewolf. The rear is listed under the target sights; give them a call. FWIW, the front is actually the Ameriglo GL-112T which, while not listed on their website, they DO have. It is a bit narrower and the same front they use on their Operator sets, which are also nice. (Wide rear notch, narrow front, no white dots around the rear Tritium tubes; good stuff.) That sight combo shown installs easily with tools that come with the sights.
    Just another option.

;?

4. pevadijk

pevadijk

LoneWolf does indeed have a lot of great stuff, but they don't export so I'm kind of stuck with Brownells.
    Good to read that I don't have to worry about 'all-black' target sights and I guess I'll buy the Heinie's.
    BTW. According to 'the Glock in competition' (great book, I just got the 2nd edition!) Heinie's rock (and Novak's are very expensive compared to the Heinie's).

5. Speedrock

Speedrock "To The Point"

Heinie's are considerably taller. Novak's are "low" for CCW. Neither are really "target" style sights, but then the 26 isn't either. Novak rear can be used with OEM front or cheap HiViz.

Heinie's front is .216" tall while Novak's front is .158" but their white dot really stands out.

If you want a real "target" sight get a set of Bo-Mars from Brownell's. The companion front they have for it is inexpensive, tall and fills the rear notch for very precise shot placement.

Will never get exc. accuracy/groups using 3 white-dot sights if that's what your after?

6. pevadijk

pevadijk

No, I'm not going to do real target shooting with the 26 (I have a P210 for that), but I was a bit worried that black sights on a black target just might not work and that the Heinie's would look a bit stupid on such a small gun.
    But.............I've got the asnwers that I needed and I'm getting myself a pair of Novak's, thanks!

7. cmfranks

cmfranks

pevadijk,

i have a heinie slant pro "standard" all black serrated sight for sale w/ free shipping. $20.00 mailed to ya. Damn good sights, have them on my 27,34, and 35

let me know.

cferguson9@austin.rr.com

8. Speedrock

Speedrock "To The Point"

"I have a P210 for that),"

Well, I guess you REALLY DO have something "to do real target shooting with"! ;f

9. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Really like my Trijicons...

Easy to do a one handed slide rack with em... and you never know when you will decided to go with CCW...

Just a thought... just a thought...

HTH