close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 26, Gen 5

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Physed, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Physed

Physed

Currently have the G43 Subcompact Slimline 9mm
    Any thoughts on the difference in Size and Performance of Glock 26 Gen 5
    Using mostly for Concealed Carry / Self Protection with some range use.
    Worth changing from the G43 to the New Glock 26 Gen 5 or Not ?
    Thank you again my friends.
    Ed

GLOCKITIUS likes this.
  2. Physed

Physed

3. Deadduck357

Deadduck357

Carry my 26 everyday while my 43 sits in the safe. Same height and length. Not as slim as the 43 but holds 10+1 versus 6+1. I prefer 4 more rounds.

Dcc65, packinaglock, forty5 and 3 others like this.
  4. Physed

Physed

OK take it easy Cent !
    Sorry since you obviously are an expert being on the board about a month longer than I have and have had the time to post over 2000 more times than I have. Next time before I post anything I guess I will scour the board which obviously you have the time to do. Great way to welcome a new person on here brother !

5. scoose

scoose Nugent for prez

If you want more capacity carry the 26

If you want slimmer weapon for IWB go with the 43

6. Physed

Physed

Thank You Scoose

scoose likes this.
  7. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

From my perspective, the G26 obviously gets you more capacity. I think it is a little easier to shoot quickly. For me and the way I dress most seasons, the G43 is far easier to conceal and lighter to carry, so it is more of a summer carry gun. In the cooler months, I find the G26 very easy to conceal, but then a G19 probably also fits the bill and you get even more capacity, albeit at the cost of more weight.

I think I would hold off on buying anything in the subcompact Glock world until the jury comes in on SIG's lastest P365 announcement, this coming from a so-called "Glock guy".

Dcc65, ep1208, Edhaney1 and 5 others like this.
  8. Physed

Physed

Hahaha Thank you WeeWilly ! Great advice. I got rid of my Sig p320 for the Glock43 (Summer Carry) and the Glock 36 (Winter Carry). Very happy with both Glocks, Don't miss the Sig at all honestly. Since I own a gym I wear either sweat or T-Shirt/ Tank Top and shorts and have to CC.

ironmike86 and Jimmy Jesus like this.
  9. Michael1989

Michael1989

I prefer double stack G26 vs G43.

rfd339 and Mastroglock9mm like this.
  10. Cali.Glock

Cali.Glock

The G26 is one of the greatest pistols in history.

11. Maccabeus

Maccabeus

For your build, the G26 could be a reasonable option, depending on holster type and if the added weight isn't too much for the waistband of any gym shorts.

I started with a G26, but found the G43 a much better size for my carry circumstances. But I'm often in business casual clothes, sans jacket, and have a very lean build so too much bulk starts printing pretty quickly on my frame.

Earl Smith and Jimmy Jesus like this.
  12. Orive 8

Orive 8

My current EDC gun is a Glock 43, my wife's EDC is a Glock 26 Gen 3.
    The 43 fits my needs, I love carrying it and now I am grooved into it (took awhile for me - I changed from the Glock 19). The 26 fits my wife's hands better, when she tried the 43 18 months ago or so she hated it. She's switched to the 26 back in 2005 and has carried it daily since then... she really likes it.

OP, Good luck on your choice. If you change and don't like it, you can change back... its not as if someone is making you stay with one gun only :eek:

ChTony, Jimmy Jesus and Physed like this.
  13. 175

Come up for air once in a while. Let the man have his thread, get some education, and learn from others. You’ve got 43 posts a day on this site. Take a deep breath and let someone else have a turn and some fun.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  14. GT2

GT2

I shot my new 26gen4 as well as my dad's new 42(I know .380 but same capacity and single stack) the other day. The 42 was nice but had me missing the capacity and beefier grip of the 26. In a multiple attacker situation 4 more shots is really nice to have.

Unless you hate finger grooves you could just save some money and get a gen 4. I found a brand new one for $485 vs the $699 MSRP of 26gen5.

15. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

and i think the 26 shoots better. the grip circumference is standard and fits a man's hand better. the 43 circumference is too small for me and as a result i cannot grip it as well as the 26.

16. hurley842002

hurley842002

Don't pay any mind to him, most of his 2k+ posts consist of being an argumentative, condescending, know it all, and that's not just on here, it's on multiple forums. It's like he just recently discovered the world of forums and is "letting it all hang out".

Dcc65, Earl Smith, BDW and 30 others like this.
  17. Truth&Balance

Truth&Balance Silver Member

Best test would be to get to the range and run the G26 and see which one you shoot better. As the G26 Gen5 is not available until January 22nd, not sure there's viable information on performance as yet. Either a Gen 3 or 4 would suffice though to give you a good idea on how it shoots. I have both a G43 and a G26 Gen4, I shoot the G26 so much better so that is the one that get's the majority of carry time. GL and do report back on your decision.

Dcc65, Cessna2050, jallinder and 2 others like this.
  18. calahan

calahan

Welcome to the board. Don't let one person ruin it for you lots of nice good people here and plenty of good information.

Dcc65, Earl Smith, ep1208 and 9 others like this.
  19. Physed

Physed

Thank you so much Mac
    I am very happy with the G43 as well as the G36 but as a compulsive Glock fan ... well you get it, 2 (or any number of Glocks is never enough, Lol) I was even considering the G42 but figured a 9mm and a .45 were good but one never knows.
    Yes I'm either in sweat pants or T or tank and shorts so as they say "size does matter"
    Thank you for your keen insight.
    Very much appreciated

Maccabeus likes this.
  20. Physed

Physed

Well said 175 and thank you. Like I said I'm a total novice and just trying to figure things out. Much respect and admiration for "getting it"
    We all started as beginners at some point, Right ?!
    Never claimed to know it all like some folks, guess that what a forum is for, Learning and exchanging ideas so thank you !