Glock 26 Gen 5 vs Smith and Wesson M&P9 M2.0 3.6" Compact

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Eddie98, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Eddie98

Eddie98

For anyone who happens to have experience with both of these guns, which one feels better to shoot, in your opinion? (Trigger, recoil, grip/ergonomics, etc.)

I hear that the M&P has better ergonomics and provides a better grip, and is more naturally pointable than the Glock 26. I also hear that the Glock 26 supposedly has the better factory trigger.

SlickCZ85 and CAMSDADDY like this.
  2. CAMSDADDY

CAMSDADDY

I know this wasn’t your question. I’m sure you have reasons for your criteria. The subcompact and the 26 are probably closer in size.

45caldan likes this.

3. redneck ron

redneck ron Displaced Hillbilly

I have both, prefer the M&P. The 26 is a great gun though.

Gfive45 and Redeemed like this.
  4. 0311INF

0311INF

The M&P 2.0 trigger break is a bit better IMO, but not by much. The Glock has a little shorter reset.
    Yes, the 3.6" compact has a G19 sized grip, so is going to give more real estate for your hands.

5. Eddie98

Eddie98

What do you prefer about the M&P?

6. Eddie98

Eddie98

How does recoil compare?

7. redneck ron

redneck ron Displaced Hillbilly

Ergonomics mostly. Glocks give me slide bite if I don’t install a beaver tail back strap, trigger dingus irritates my trigger finger after shooting awhile. With M&P’s, I have no issue. Also accuracy. I am personally more accurate with M&P’s than Glocks. YMMV.

8. SlickCZ85

SlickCZ85

If you would consider a springfield, they just (re)released their XDM compact. Now under the “Elite” tag. It has the modularity to be a duty-sized weapon as well as be a compact carry. It will also come with their new META trigger system. The reviews are quiet on it, but the one Elite I’ve seen in store was overbuilt, polished internally, and the XDM series has always had high marks for ergos and tight groups. But the M&P 2.0 compacts and subcompacts have amazing ergos as well.

you’ll be happy with either of your choices. Good holster and aftermarket support to both the 26 and M&P. Both companies have quality customer service. Both platforms are reliable when you need them to be. A very close friend of mine carries his M&P subcompact more than his other choices. In shooting thousands of rounds with him (before the virus) I have never seen that gun choke, its recoil impulse and low bore axis, like a glock, helped the shooter with followups. It was a very enjoyable subcompact pistol.

The Humble Marksman does make a point about buying glocks that I do feel is relevant. Glock ownership is part of an ecosystem. They host glock classes and armorers classes and they have their own practical shooting league. If you change sights or want to hot rod the gun at all, glock will be easier, IMO. Today my choice would be 26. If I went to the store and held both, tomorrow I might choose the M&P.

redneck ron likes this.
  9. SlickCZ85

SlickCZ85

If you have a progressive nail file or some fine grain sandpaper, and a glock take down tool (or anything the like), you can fix that trigger dingus issue in minutes, or grab an aftermarket trigger shoe.