Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a certified Glock Armorer for about 2 years.

I have multiple Glock 26 pistols. I will compare two of them. One is an older Gen 3 with the most recent black finish. The other is a Gen 4 with the newer grey finish. Both guns have an approximately 1000 round count. I have posted pictures of each of the barrels for comparison of wear. The newer grey finish shows less wear. The Gen 3 barrel black finish has gone down to metal in certain areas as seen on the pictures.

The Gen 3 (1150 rounds) with black finish is on the left.
The Gen 4 (1050 rounds) with grey finish is on the right.

IMG_3094a.jpg IMG_3180a.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
That's really not much of any difference in discernable wear. Could be just some minor differences in fit. Both look in great shape to me.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Do you use much oil to lubricate the barrel to slide wear? That seems pretty excessive for just over a 1000 rounds.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Most people aren't comparing the barrel wear. It's the slide finish that people are talking about. The new grey Matte finish shows scratches and wear a lot faster than the older shine black finish. I was at the range tonight and I rented a new gen 4 g19. I have a gen 3 g19 and it shows absolutely zero wear or scratches. The g19 gen 4, which the rang3 just got because i was there last week and they had no gen 4's, had snatches and wear all over it already. I looked at the rental gen 3 next to the gen 4. The gen 3 still looked brand new. And the range has had it there for a few years, so anyway, I don't care for the new finish. And recoil in 9mm in both tens was identical.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts