Glock 26 Gen 4 magazine insertion issues

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by myomerta603, Jan 1, 2016.

1. myomerta603

myomerta603

I just purchased a brand new G26. I have been noticing that upon insertion of the magazine into the gun that it will hang up on the magazine release if the magazine is not inserted relatively straight. I have read multiple posts on the G43 having this issue but none about the G26. I am concerned because the G43 is single stack and the G26 is double stacked and nobody seems to have reported this on the G26. I don't want to just assume that it is going to be the same fix as the G43 if it is not. Any help or information will be much appreciated.

2. Truth&Balance

Truth&Balance

First I've heard or read any insertion issues with the G26 Gen4's. I have 3 of them, plus 10 or so Glock OEM mags purchased separately, no issues what so ever.

3. myomerta603

myomerta603

I mean its usually very smooth going in however if I angle the magazine top towards the front of the gun when inserting it, it will hang up on the magazine release element inside the gun (its only in certain angles). I am going to check my G22 Gen 4 once I get home and see if I can simulate the same thing happening. Will keep updated. Strange nobody else has noticed. Easily overlooked but annoying issue. I have seen many posts with the exact issue on single stack models but none on G26.

4. myomerta603

myomerta603

5. myomerta603

myomerta603

My Glock 22 Gen 4 does not have this issue, as I tried to simulate once I got home. I called Glock and they said that they had not heard of this issue yet. I explained that I had seen a couple similar issues posted on Buds Gun Shop reviews of the Glock 26 as well as a kid mentioned something about the same issue happening with his g26 in the comment section of a YouTube video made for the exact issue with the g43 single stack. I called Glock, they are sending me a new magazine release to see if that will correct the issue. If it does not I do not know what to say about the issue. Will keep thread updated. If anybody else happens to notice the magazine sticking on the lip of the magazine release element with their g26 Gen4 please weigh in.

Sincerely, MyOmerta