close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 26 Gen 4 Light Primer Strikes

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TheGlockTalker, Aug 14, 2012.

Tags:
  1. TheGlockTalker

TheGlockTalker

Just got a new Glock 26 Gen 4 and I seem to get an unusual amount of light primer strikes, other than this the gun is fine but I can't trust it like that.

In each case it's always been enough for me to feed the round it back in the gun and it fires just fine.
    The serial is: SUKxxx

Been shooting S&B, WWB, Remington and Blazer.
    At this point I have not noticed it happening more or less with any of the brand names.

Is this a common thing in the Gen 4 26's?
    The reason I ask is because I have not noticed this with my old and extremely abused Gen 3 26.

If this is a Gen 4 problem is there a firing pin spring that you could recommend?

Thanks

2. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

did you lube it according to the directions in the manual?

3. JBS

JBS

Does it pass the shake test? Remove slide. With thumb depress the striker safety. Tilt slide fore and aft. Do you here the striker slide back and forth freely?
    Have you disassembled the slide to make sure everything was assembled correctly? Could be as simple as the striker safety spring is in sideways above the safety and dragging on the striker.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  4. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

Good advice above, check for a clean and dry (lubeless)striker channel and make sure the safety plunger spring sits correctly (vertical). If you depress the plunger with your finger, the striker should rattle back and forth freely (the shake test).

Judging from your serial nr, though, your gun plainly SUKx....

Sorry, I couldn't resist..

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  5. Bruce M

Bruce M

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulties. If the gun passes the shake test (which can also be done by making certain the gun is empty/not loaded, with an empty pistol pull the trigger and hold the trigger down then shake the gun. You should be able to hear and sort of feel the striker moving back and forth) I would think a call to Glock might be in order and I would guess they will be able to solve the problem.

6. mongo356

mongo356

All the above is good advice. However when you get another light stike check to see that it's centered.

Some of the 0-8-1 springs have held the slide out of battery enough to get light (off center) strikes but not enought to keep you from pulling the trigger.

Do a search on the new RSA's with the sub compact Glocks- some people had trouble with the washer on the end of the 0-8-1's binding the gun up.

7. TheGlockTalker

TheGlockTalker

Yes most of the ones I have looked at and inspected have been somewhat off center.
    And, yes, my recoil spring is 0-8-1 (or isn't it 0-1-8).

I have also noticed that when I let the slide go forward very slowly, holding it with my hand as it moves, it can stop or at least has clearly felt resistance about 1/2 an inch before its completely in battery.

This is a brand new Glock I bought it last week when I got my new 21 which is also giving me hard time:
    http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1436520

Been shooting Glocks since the 80's and these are the only Gen 4 guns I have and coincidentally, or not, they are both giving me problems.

8. TheGlockTalker

TheGlockTalker

Yes it passes the striker shake test, meaning I do hear the striker move after pulling the trigger.