close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 26 for concealed carry?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by lxAsTrOxl, Jan 11, 2010.

1. lxAsTrOxl

lxAsTrOxl

Hey guy's, this past summer I purchased a new Glock 21SF and it's beautiful.
    But a bit bulky for concealed carry.

I was looking at the Glock 26 for concealed carry and wanted your opinion on this gun or others? I was also looking at purchasing a Ruger P90 just to add to my small collection. Any thoughts on that would be appreciated. I wouldn't mind having another .45 auto that didn't misfire or crap out on me anytime soon and was accurate. BTW i know in Illinois we don't have permits for CC unless you're within LE, but i guess we'll just say "if i had to hypothetically pick one to CC it" :)

Thanks in advance!

2. btolliverjr

btolliverjr

G26 is a great CC gun. If you like the .45, look at the G30SF. It is a .45ACP and only slightyly larger than the G26. I love mine. For me, it's the ultimate carry gun. Only slightly larger than the G26, .45ACP, and 10+1 capacity!

Ruger P-Series guns are GREAT guns. I have the KP89. Not a good choice for carry, but a great gun.

3. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

4. Scott in Houston

Scott in Houston

If you can't CCW a 26, then you can't CCW any Glock. It's ideal. That and the 27 or 33. I own the 26 & 27. I carry both (not at the same time).
    It's very easy to conceal.

Given that you're in IL, I don't recommend you carry anything however.

5. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

The 26 is the best Glock IMO. It will stand a constant diet of +P+ if you can afford to put that much through it.

6. captcurly

captcurly

I have a G 26 and use it in the summer. It is accurate,easy to conceal and recoil management is no problem. If you like 45ACP like me give the G 36 a look. The G 36 was designed for concealed carry and I have one since Feb.2002. There is a lot of crap on the internet about the G 36 and most of it is bull. The grip of the G 36 is like no other Glock (single stack magazine) and you will get use to it. The G30 is a good 45ACP conceal carry but I do not like the grip. Forgot to mention that double tapping with the G 26 is no problem

7. recycooler

recycooler 9-11-2001

8. lxAsTrOxl

lxAsTrOxl

i never used +p+ ammunition before but i read it might be a great way to ruin your new gun? lol i dont know YMMV. I'd probably have more peace at mind using +P, but i don't really mind just using the factory ammo.

BTW i'm looking to restock on some .45 ACP ammunition, i can't find any as most websites or wally world are out of stock or the prices are just not very reasonable. Any recommendations which other places or websites to buy off of? I should mention i like using the Winchester .45 auto 230grain.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  9. ssgrock3

ssgrock3

+p+ will not hurt a glock. But standard velocity and the high end stuff all kills very well and puts apx the same size hole in the perp.

10. kda

kda NRA Life Member

I settled on the G 26 with Talon Grips and have never once regretted my decision. Loaded with Federal HST 147 grain HPs, I have absolutely zero reservations about being protected. Great carry weapon, I chose IWB (SuperTuck).

11. ssgrock3

ssgrock3

btw, the 26 is a great ccw, though when we lost electric power, I did exchange the 10 rd mag for a 15 for around the home carry.

12. Zertek

Zertek

no question about it, the 26 is the best IMHO

13. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

I got my 36 in a trade in August of 2002 when it was a few months old and barely shot. It has never given me any heartburn, I like it a lot. Lonewolf Hardchromed it and installed Tru Dot green front and yellow rear night sights on it for me in March/April of 2003. :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

14. lxAsTrOxl

lxAsTrOxl

15. mr smithglock

mr smithglock

g26 = best everyday carry gun.

16. poodleplumber

poodleplumber

Lord, yes. Only possible criticism is its thickness, but you can't really make it any thinner without going to single stack and reducing capacity accordingly. With a decent holster and just a little care dressing around it, the G26 is, for many including myself, the ideal CCW pistol.

17. TonyT

TonyT

I carried a Glock 36 for quite a few years and appreciated it's reliability and accuracy. Unfortunately I found it was difficult for me to conceal reliably at all times. I finally opted for a Kahr PM-9 in a pocket holster and have the G-36 in my car.

18. robertwh

robertwh

I have both the 36 and 26. I can conceal the 36 just as easily as the 26. If you like bigger bores and want more fire power consider the 27 too. If you like the .45 ACP the you will more than likely like the 27.

I want to go on record as saying I like the 26 for CC but prefer the 36. I don't feel under powered when I carry my 26. You won't go wrong with the 26 and it's a lot of fun to shoot.

I like mine!

[​IMG]

19. pterodon

pterodon

Yep, same here. I switch back and forth between carrying a G36 and a G26, both in a Blade Tech Nano holster. I also prefer the 36 and find that it conceals as well as the 26, in some ways better because of the thinner grip. Can't go wrong with either, though.

The 36 makes bigger holes and the 26 has a higher capacity. As a smart man once told me, life is a series of trade-offs. Get both and you'll have all the bases covered! :supergrin:

20. SIG-SOG

SIG-SOG

I recently bought a G26 and its a great gun in my opinion - so much fun to shoot. I don't have a CC license yet and have only been shooting for several months. Anyway, the other day I was working from home in the home office and decided to stick my unloaded G26 in the front pocket of some painters pants I was wearing. They are pretty thick jeans and a little loose on me. Could barely see it. Forgot I had the darn thing in my pocket after an hour or two and ended up with it in my front pocket until the wife got home 4 hours later and asked me what the heck I was doing. I'm really looking forward to ccw'ing this thing.