Glock Talk banner

Glock 26 extended magazine questions

13473 Views 31 Replies 25 Participants Last post by  PattonWasRight
I'm 90% convinced I'll be picking up a Glock 26 Gen 4 based on the sub-compact size for concealed carry. As I'm learning about the Glock 26 I am really interested in hearing users experiences with the magazine extensions specifically from Glock and Pearce. I've seen Youtube video's claiming the Glock brand extensions are more highly regarded of the Pearce. I would really like to hear from people who have experience with both and can provide feedback on what they like and don't like with each.

On a side note from my limited Googling each, it seems the Glock branded version is very hard to find as they are out of stock everywhere I've seen.

Thanks for the assistance!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
2,184 Posts
Try learning to shoot without an extension. A lot of people really aren't helped and sometimes are hurt by them. They always make the gun harder to carry. Also consider GAP floor plates, which don't add to the grip length.

· Infidel :)
3,979 Posts
I've been a user and big fan of Pearce's products for YEARS. I've used them on my 27, 26, 21 and 30 w/ NO issues whatsoever. I've also used the Glock factory +2 and had no issues with it either.

As far as the 26 goes, I first used their +0 when it first came out, and then switched to their +2 when they released it. Performance wise they both work GREAT, but both also make the mag almost the length of a G19 mag, w/ the advantage going to the +0 in the fact that it gives the 26 more of a revolver "round butt" shape if you will.

I was always opposed to shooting the gun with the flat factory base plates and found it uncomfortable to do so with just a "two fingered grip" on the gun. When GAP Enterprises released their flat base plates for the 26 I decided to give them a whirl. I can tell you right now as far as concealabilty goes with still being able to control the gun they are the end all to be ALL, I can not recommend them ENOUGH. :) I almost always pocket carry my 26 and they make it a dream to do so. If you're looking the most concealment for the 26, THESE are the way to go! :)

Both companies, Pearce and GAP Enterprises make great products, I guess it just really depends on what YOUR needs are and which you prefer. I'd be more than comfortable using either one. :)

· Registered
15,399 Posts
I have 4 non extended and 4 OEM 12 rd mags. I shoot GSSF in two classes, one with extended mags and one without. I can't really see much difference in how I shoot, with or without the extended grip. The grip isn't extended at the back and curling the little finger under the grip seems to work about as well as having the lip on the mag extension to stabilize the gun.

Try buying a 12 rd OEM mag, a G19 mag and shoot it all three ways and see how it affects your shooting.

· Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
12,028 Posts
Well, my hands are larger and the pearce pg39 are on (40) mags that I carry and compete with. I also pocket carry my 26's have three, and the extensions do not inhibit such. The extensions have been dropped in mud and water and gravel and have cone back ticking. For those dainty mitts the two finger grip may suffice but competing out to 35 yards and keeping shots in a 4" bull does take practice.

I highly recommend the Pearce Grips which are GSSF legal.

· Registered
707 Posts
I have Pearce PG2733 mag extensions on two of my magazines. They are supposed to be +2, but I just load them to +1 because that 12th round needs an UpLula and my entire body weight to get into the magazine, then it is almost impossible to seat the loaded magazine against a closed slide.

Lately, however, I've been carrying with just the flush magazine. I find at the range the extended magazine feels better in my hand, but my shooting is the same either way.

· Registered
368 Posts
Went through the same thing. I actually prefer shooting with the flush mag. However I did get the pearce extension and do not like it or use it at all because of the "pinky pinch". A lot of people have experience that, I bought the glock +2 mag and it works perfect for me.

· A swamp dude
12,587 Posts
I like everything about the G26 except the short grip. Its a personal thing...kinda like enjoying, or not, the feel of a pair of jeans.

The best G26 extension in my judgement is the Glock +2. I prefer the look, the feel and the fact that its a Glock accessory. I only load it +1.

· I'm your huckleberry....
18,116 Posts
Try learning to shoot without an extension. A lot of people really aren't helped and sometimes are hurt by them. They always make the gun harder to carry. Also consider GAP floor plates, which don't add to the grip length.
+1 on the GAP floorplates. (https://concealablecontrol.com/) If you're gonna stuff extra rounds into extra length just get a G19. If you want small and concealable with added grip and control GAP is the ticket!

· Registered
69 Posts
Will you be using the 26 as a ccw? If so, will you be using an extended mag while carrying? If that's the case, just get the 19! Having an extension on the 26 for ccw is counter productive and defeats the purpose of a ccw 26 all together.

If you will be using the extensions specifically for range/home/vehicle defense, then you really can't go wrong w/ Glock or Pearce. Both fine products that will serve you well. I personally would opt for Pearce. I like the look and feel a bit better than Glock. Just my $0.02!

Reactions: DubfromGA

· Registered
38 Posts
Went through the same thing. I actually prefer shooting with the flush mag. However I did get the pearce extension and do not like it or use it at all because of the "pinky pinch". A lot of people have experience that, I bought the glock +2 mag and it works perfect for me.
This. I have two mags with the Pearce extensions and get the pinky pinch. Four mags with Glock OEM +2 and no problems.

· Registered
6,946 Posts
The only problem I can possibly imagine with a Pierce is if you install and don't get the peg to pop thru the hole. That's just a bit of wiggle-jiggle, if even req'd at all.

I use the Piece +0 and dremeled off that bottom bit of "shoe horn" ... I don't need it with my hands and it would otherwise be visible thru a thin shirt.

I'd like to try the GAP device as well.

I carry 10 +1 and if have an extra mag on me, it's the 15 rounder.

· Registered
934 Posts
I have four of each on my G27 mags. Of course I get only one additional round. The Pierce extensions have been dropped on concrete, kicked into walls , stomped on and in general been badly mistreated in indoor IDPA matches. Never a problem. If you find the finger groove spacing of the G26 a little cramped the Glock extensions may be more to your liking as PattonWasRright above mentioning that he removes the "shoe horn" from the Pierce Grip.
Cost maybe a factor depending on how many you want. The Pierce sell for about $10.00 and the Glock for about $7.00. CDNN Sports has them on sell for $4.99 ea. this week and Hi Cap mags for $19.99. Not selling for them but they are good folks and generaly ship same day you order. Just ordered more G22 mags and six more Glock extensions as I have them on most of my Mags.

· Registered
2,278 Posts
In a lot of ways the G26 is the most versatile of all Glocks. First of all the 26 with the +2 is not as big as a G19. But even if that was true it doesn't matter because you could put a G19 magazine in it and then it would be true. But with a G26 you can go back to being small. It is not as though once you get one kind of magazine you are stuck with it. I switch between the Gap floor plate and the +2 in the gun depending on what I am using for a cover garment. I am going to be carrying a spare magazine that is either going to be a +2 or a G17 magazine with an adapter sleeve depending on what pants I'm wearing. So on any given day I could be carrying 2 of any four different magazines depending on what I am wearing.

Reactions: 007_Bond

· Native Texan
393 Posts
I run with the +2 Glock bases on my G26. I like the little bit of extension for feel and control. I have G19's (pictured), but I carry the G26 because the slightly shorter barrel for me conceals better in a Fobus paddle and untucked shirt.

· Registered
2,912 Posts
I found adding the Pierce extensions was a b####. Found a guy at a gun store who could pop them on with little trouble. Having said that, I carry with a base 10-round mag + extension, and keep a G19 mag (with a collar) as a spare.

· Registered
121 Posts
I found adding the Pierce extensions was a b####. Found a guy at a gun store who could pop them on with little trouble. Having said that, I carry with a base 10-round mag + extension, and keep a G19 mag (with a collar) as a spare.
Forgive my ignorance, what are you referring to by "with a collar"? I'm new to Glocks, have a G26 on the way, and I'm looking at magazine extension options for spare mags..

Disregard, I whipped out some google-foo and figured it out ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.