close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 26 (even with mag extension) still pinching!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by drpdw, Jan 23, 2010.

1. drpdw

drpdw

Hi, all!
    I've had my G26 since June and love it, except for the fact that my little finger gets pinched in between the bottom of the grip while I am shooting. (I use several different standard firing positions.) Although I have Pierce extensions on both the 10-round mags and the 15-rd. mag, the pinkie of my strong hand still gets slapped and pinched, big time UNLESS I put a piece of moleskin on the tip of my little finger. I shoot extremely well with this weapon and it is one of my 2 CCWs (the other is a little KelTec PF-9). I have small hands yet can hold on to and shoot accurately with the G-26 and just about any wheel gun or semi-auto out there, all calibres.

I have Crimison Trace laser grips for my G26 but shoot it mostly with the iron sites (covering up the laser aperture with moleskin). I welcome all suggestions out there so that I can shoot this weapon more comfortably (without wearing a glove). Help!

Thanks, everyone!
    -drpdw

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  2. deckard2000

deckard2000

You need to find yourself some non-ambidextrous magazines.

3. G-30Jet

G-30Jet

Stop shooting off of a rest. The only thing that may tell you is the intrinsic accuracy of the gun. When shooting for real you wont have a rest available. When reloading with a new mag, lift the pinky finger from it's resting position and move it away from the grip frame as you drop the empty magazine. Hold the pinky in this position until the mag is fully seated. Then return the pinky finger to register.

4. JBP55

JBP55

Buy some OEM Glock extended magazines and your problem will go away.

5. jhayesvw

jhayesvw

im unclear on how its getting pinched while shooting.
    changing mags makes sense,but shooting??

are you shooting from a bench as stated above?

6. coal

coal

This. The new "window" cut ambi mags are slightly longer and increase the space between the mag baseplate and grip bottom. I only use the G26 "window" mags with flat baseplates, and put extensions on the others.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  7. Dingus

Dingus

The proper way to grip a G26 is to curl your pinkie under the base of the magazine. You will find that by doing this the pistol is even more controllable.

8. Jim S.

Jim S.

I was going to say that exact thing.

9. English

English

If you have very smal hands, curling your finger under the grip might not work because the front of the grip might impact a knuckle.. Holding your pinkie out away from the grip, as though you are a genteel lady drinking tea from a very small bone china cup, will achieve the same effect.

Alternatively you can modify the pistol. You get pinched because under recoil the gap between the bottom of the grip and the upper edge of the magazine base plate opens and closes again. If part of your flesh is pressing into the gap at the time it is likely to get pinched. If you change the gap from two right angle edges meeting to two 45 degree edges meeting in a 90 degree V shaped gap, the gap will just push your flesh out again without pinching.

It is very easy to do this with something like an emery board used for finger nails or fine sand paper wrapped round a flat former. It is best if you make it very smooth by finnishing it with very fine paper of the kind used in car body repair shops -1200 wet and dry is about the right grade. That way the friction that will tend to grab flesh is also reduced. You don't need to make a big V and it will hardly be noticeable. Make a little V, try it and make it a little bigger if needed.

Coarser paper will pull up small whiskers which will make it look grey. Rubbing it down with 1200 grit or rubbing it down wet will remove or prevent this.

English

10. drpdw

drpdw

Dingus,
    I will give this a try!!!!! Thanks! Some folk responding to my call for assistance got the impression that I was not using a standard shooting stance. This is not the case. I shoot using several different positions (i.e., modified and crunched Weaver, standard Weaver and isosceles). I love the G26 and want to keep it.
    -drpdw

11. drpdw

drpdw

I appreciate the suggestions RE: trying to curl my little finger under the magazine and/or holding the pinkie away from the grip while firing and see if either way works for me.

Thanks!!!!
    -drpdw

12. drpdw

drpdw

Hi, there!
    I am standing while shooting, and not using a bench...who said that? not I! The tip of my little finger is getting bruised while shooting and I assume it is getting pinched in the gap between the bottom of the grip and the top of the magazine footplate. I did have Pierce extensions on my mags.

I am not getting pinched while changing mags, but, while shooting!
    Thanks!
    -drpdw

13. drpdw

drpdw

Hi, there!
    I'm standing, using one of many standard shooting positions, and somehow managing to get my little finger pinched/bruised while shooting.
    I do appreciate your comments...
    -drdpw

14. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Here's what I did,.......

At the top of the Pearce extension, the forward "lip" is very
    sharply pointed.
    Take a file or sand paper and gently relieve the edge, I removed 1/16" of material.

This, or using the flush mags will solve the pinching problem.

15. drider

drider

To illustrate i think you are trying to place all three fingers on the grip of the gun. Thus, your pinky is probably getting stuck in between the magazine butt plate and grip of gun? And so, to resolve this pinching place your pinky finger on the magazines butt. For this reason you will have your trigger finger on trigger, two fingers on grip, pinky finger on the magazine. That is how i shoot my G26, and no more pinching!

16. FloridaCCW

FloridaCCW

I don't use mag extensions anymore on my 26 for the same reasons you describe. I was getting pinched by the Pearce and Glock extensions. In the end, I realized that they really did not make a difference.

17. Zertek

Zertek

Get yourself some GAP Floorplates ........problem solved

18. elde

elde Lifetime Member

19. drpdw

drpdw

Hi!
    I spoke with Greg (nice guy!), the owner of the Gap floorplates operation this afternoon, and he assures me that removing my Pierce extensions on the mags and replacing them with the Gap floorplates will help me out. $19.95 + $3.50 shipping, for 2 floorplates...is worth it for me to try out. I will post the results! From the pictures on the website, the Gap floorplates replace the regular Glock mag floorplates, are flush with the bottom of the mag, yet have a pinkie rest. Interesting.

Thanks for your suggestion!
    -drpdw

20. randyr5

randyr5

Not exactly a pinkie rest. Your pinkie curls under the GAP, but the GAP extension gives your ring finger excellent support and better control.