Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed after a couple of range trips with my new 26, that it has the tendency to eject shells sometimes and peg my forehead. It happens every couple of mags or so. Most of the shells eject correctly to the right, but every so often I'll have some land on my right sleeve, or come straight back and either land on top of my head, or peg my forehead straight on. I haven't really noticed this with my 19. Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had a friend that had a new 19 doing the same thing. He switched ammo and never had the problem again. I think the ammo he was using was wolf or SB, imported stuff. He then started on 4 boxes of winchester and didn't experience the problem again. Not sure if that is what is causing your problem, but I would try switching ammo and see if that solves it.

·
Peaceful
2,020 Posts
:needspics:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Cool Cat
12,111 Posts
Check the extractor for a burr or chip.

·
Registered
315 Posts
My 19 does this occasionally!! It just doesn't bother me at all.... Makes me feel alive haha!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Do you think it would be hard to take a picture, while you are shooting, of the casing hitting you in the head? Or would you like a pic of the 9mm stamp on his forehead? Don't get mad, I'm just kidding...........

·
20,420 Posts
The condition is normally cured with a proper two handed grip and stance. Decent ammo helps too.

·
Expert Marksman
698 Posts
My G19 did the same thing with good and cheap ammo until I installed a steel captured guide rod. Hasnt done it since. I remember one round ejected and stuck to my forehead right behind my safety glasses. Man that hurts!...S I Z Z L E....

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I got hit a few times today by my 23, my 27 and my S&W 22. I was also at an indoor range with very narrow lanes, so that probably explains it!

I had one land on my left shoulder. I ignored it until I felt the heat through my shirt!

·
Registered
574 Posts
My G19 did the same thing with good and cheap ammo until I installed a steel captured guide rod. Hasnt done it since. I remember one round ejected and stuck to my forehead right behind my safety glasses. Man that hurts!...S I Z Z L E....

My 19 does the same thing every once in a while...thanks for the tip, just ordered one.

·
Expert Marksman
698 Posts
Feelinlucky? I have Lightning Strike stainless captured guide rods on all of my Glocks. And will continue to buy and install them on the Glocks I plan on buying in the future. You will notice a difference in the guns action using them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Somebody said stiffen up your wrist. Limp wrist will do it. Get a grip on that piece and keep your wrist straight. You want the recoil to lift your arm, not your hand. If you can't keep your wrist stiff, use both hands. jb

·
Registered
945 Posts
You have a defective skull. Take a dremel tool to your forehead, and shave it down a little. The shells will miss after that.

It also means good luck when shells ping upside your dome.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts