close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 26 Connector

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mleeber, Oct 6, 2003.

1. mleeber

mleeber

I am new to glocks and recently shot, rather poorly, in my first GSSF match with a borrowed model 26. Great folks and a great time! I enjoyed it so much that I am going to buy a Glock if I can't win one first. Having been a Sig guy for most of my shooting life this is a huge event.... In the mean time I still have the borrowed 26 (the baby 9mm). My intention is to buy a 17 or maybe a 19. The trigger in the 26 stinks compared to my Sigs (in SA) and I thought that if the 3.5lb connector for a 26 would fit the 17 or 19 that I ultimately buy I could modify the borrowed 26.

What else can be done to make the Glock trigger more crisp once I secure my own? Also, does changing the connector with a stock 3.5 violate any GSSF rules or place me in a "custom" or "race" category?

Thanks!
    Mark

2. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

Shooting it...a lot. You normally see an improvement of trigger after several hundred rounds.

3. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

The first thing I do with a new Glock is polish the internal components (connector, trigger bar, striker, firing pin safety, etc.). It's amazing how much difference just polishing can do. I don't think it reduces the weight of pull that much but it sure makes the trigger action much smoother and more manageble. Then I may or may not, depending on the sitiation, change to a 3.5 lb connector.

BTW, the trigger will never be like the single action on your SIG, but can be very manageble with practice.

4. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

ANY connector can go in ANY GLOCK, so yes; a 3.5 connector from a G26 will be able to go into either the G17 or G19.

Polishing all metal internal parts will also improve things nicely… especially the connector & the corresponding trigger bar area it contacts... this is where you'll notice the most improvement.

5. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Any Glock factory connector is legal in GSSF. All Glocks take the same connectors. Aftermarket connectors are not legal, except in Unlimited Category.

Once you learn and master the short trigger reset, you will be a happy Glocker.:cool:

6. vluc

vluc

ZWhiel i am still a serious SIG shooter, I find Glocks being more what I use, botht eh 34 and 19. There is a difference, obviously, in the handling characterisitcs of the two.

When I started with my SIG, I could not shoot a glock for crap. But when I switched over to a 34 and shot it a whole heckuva lot, it all came to me. now I can handle each brand equally well.

just takes some time. Yes, the 3.5 helps a whole lot as does tehe polishing, etc. but nothing helps like many rounds downrange....

7. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

You can do a full blown trigger job with fited parts and stay legal for GSSF.

8. mleeber

mleeber

Thanks for all of the feedback! The gun is apart on my desk and the polishing will commence shortly. I will let you know how it goes. I hope I don't mess anything up!

Thanks again!
    Mark

9. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

mleeber: Just be sure that you're careful not to hyperpostpolishagitate the nut behind the trigger!

10. ghostwn

ghostwn Ghost Member