I'm jealous.

·
Kydex Crafter
6,457 Posts
Awesome...great find.....

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I'll be the nay-sayer. No appeal to me. I bought a G26 with a Cera-koted slide once and it looked great when I got it. But as the finish wore, it began to look like crap. I ended-up bead blasting the coating off and leaving it that way.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'll be the nay-sayer. No appeal to me. I bought a G26 with a Cera-koted slide once and it looked great when I got it. But as the finish wore, it began to look like crap. I ended-up bead blasting the coating off and leaving it that way.
Dumb question here. Once you did the bead blasting was the original finish under the cerakote? Did it look nice again or “battle worn”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Dumb question here. Once you did the bead blasting was the original finish under the cerakote? Did it look nice again or “battle worn”?

No, it was down to bare metal. But it was also an early Gen2.5 that had the Tennifer treatment. I just left it bare and never had any rust issues.

·
Premium Member
CLM #38
10,523 Posts
Enjoy your new pistol in good health!

·
Registered
469 Posts
No, it was down to bare metal. But it was also an early Gen2.5 that had the Tennifer treatment. I just left it bare and never had any rust issues.
I’d imagine that looks kind of cool. I prefer the Tennifer Gen 3 Glocks.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
That is honestly awesome!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts