Glock 26 Barrel - Extra Long

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by JudgeGlock17, Jun 5, 2005.

1. JudgeGlock17

JudgeGlock17

Greetings Everyone!

I'm thinking of buying a Glock 26 to supplement the Glock 17 I already have, but I am also looking for an extended barrel for the G-26 that has length of over 4.2in. and less than 5in. - to replace the factory supplied one. Is there such a thing? Don't laugh... I've never looked into barrels before so I need your expert advice.

^2 Your help is welcome and appreiated!

BTW, if there is something like that, when I order it do they stamp the serial number of the gun on the barrel or do they stamp some other serial number (or none at all)?

Thank you!

2. SomeDay

SomeDay

Why not just buy a G19?

3. outlaw1niner

outlaw1niner

+1
    Go with the G19 and be happy.

4. JudgeGlock17

JudgeGlock17

I want a G-26 but also with a possibility of using a longer (possibly ported) barrel in it... over 4.2in. in length. Reasons for this are too long to explain (it has to do w/ government regs in Canada) but there is a good reason for a longer barrel in a Glock 26.
    Is there a way of getting a longer barrel for a G-26?

Thanks!

5. Dr. J Frame

Dr. J Frame LSWCHP +P

6. ffcracker

ffcracker

A stock barrel for a G17 is 4.49 inches.
    From what I can remember those barrels are to long to work in the sub compacts. It has to be greater than 4.20?

I am pretty sure the stock G19 barrel works in a G26 but its legnth is only 4.02 inches.

I will do some searching for aftermarket barrel's now...

7. ffcracker

ffcracker

Well, I cannot find anything else.
    But if BARSTO (in the link above) cycles in a G26 I do not know why a G17's 4.49 inch wouldnt. Maybe my memory is just failing me...

If it does I would go with the stock G17 barrel. With the 5.5 inch barrel you would have nearly 2inches of barrel hanging out of the front of your G26. I think that is a little much...

8. Dandapani

Dandapani

9. JudgeGlock17

JudgeGlock17

Thanks guys!

I appreciate all the help!

Glock 19 barrel is only 1/10 in. too short to make it :( I'm not sure if the G-17 barrel will fit... if it does fit, I'd go ahead and buy one.

In Canada I can only have firearms that have the barrel length of over 105mm ~ 4.18in. Dumb bureaucratic rule, but what can I do... I want a G-26!
    I guess it comes down to either a G-17 barrel (if it will fit) or a custom extended barrel!

$200US ~ $250CDN not too bad.

Thanks for all the help!

10. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Hi,

I have all three guns. The G17 barrel will not fit either the G19 or G26.

The G19 barrel will fit the G26.

'Drew

11. Frostback

Frostback

JudgeGlock17, where did you find a G-26 up here? The only one I have ever seen for sale was a couple of years ago and they were asking $1400 for it.

Are you thinking of getting one up here re-registered as restricted with the long barrel, or ordering a new one and having it shipped up with the long barrel already installed and having it verified as a restricted firearm?

Frosty

12. JudgeGlock17

JudgeGlock17

NYC Drew - Thank you for the info! It's real helpful. I guess I'd have to order a custom barrel. I'm curious... is it the barrel thickness or the shape of the locking block that causes incompatibility.

Frostback - I'm in the US now... the ATF allows me to purchase firearms, but I have to take them out of the US when I leave. I was thinking of getting G-26 and a longer barrel for it, and when the time comes I'd bring it in with that barrel of over 105mm - which I guess would be OK... I don't know yet. I'd have to call the CFC to check before I went ahead and purchased anything. If it turns out that I can do this I'll buy one, otherwise I'll go with a G-34.
    I've never seen one in Canada, but I've seen a mag for a G-27 on sale. It is still ok to get these if you have a 12:6 Prohibited license - but as you and I know the only way to get one is to inherit it from father/grandfather. And noone in my family had any firearms of that kind (barrel length under 105mm) so I can never have one. So sad... I have greater rights in the US as a temp. resident than in Canada as a citizen... Got to love the US!!!

13. Frostback

Frostback

Judge, actually you can only will 12(6) firearms that were manufactured prior to 1946. All others must be turned into wall hangers or handed to the authorities unless a buyer with 12(6) can be found. I do have my 12(6) so I am OK for a while.

You are correct in that it is the locking block angles that make the longer Glock barrels incompatible.

Frosty

14. joemerchant24

joemerchant24

This may seem silly, but if you are 1/10 of an inch short, why don't you look at an extended-ported G-19 barrel. I believe they are a half-inch longer than a standard G19 barrel.

Just tossing out ideas.

15. BackDraft

BackDraft Kahr Club 69

16. JudgeGlock17

JudgeGlock17

I didn't know that. Anyway, if I can get a G-26 with a longer barrel in, that would be great :) When the time comes for me to register it I'll register it as a G-26. Barrel length 4.3" or something... I'll call the CFC, but I'm pretty sure it is doable. If the work to extend the barrel was done by the professional I'm sure it is fine. I won't actually extend it but I won't bring that one in. I'll just sell it.
    Hmm... it won't surprise me if soon Canada ends up like the UK - I hope not. That's a scary thought. Thanks for all the info.

I like the idea! I contacted the BarSto in the meantime and I was told they can have the barrel made any way I want.

I will. Thanks!