Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all this talk about the recoil rods I have to admit I would like having a steel one better then plastic.

Any companies ever going to make one and have just a strong spring to put in it?

I already had to have glock send me a new spring because mine was warped and bending to much where they come together.

·
GLOCK 26
628 Posts
That is not a one piece and will have the same problems as a stock one ans possibly more as it looks like one end twists on?
Yes I know you wanted a one piece, and your right they are hard to find I checked about a half dozen sites and that's all I could find.

I am surprised you are having troubles with yours, I have a 26 and have had no trouble at all.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The other thread and the fact that I had to replace mine in just under 1000 rds. Glock told me mine was bad.
I just went back 10 pages and found two threads... one of which was about a stainless guide rod failure. I've never had one issue with any part on any of my three Glock's... I guess if you want to spend your money on something that has not been an issue in any of your gun, you go right ahead. :rofl:

·
Registered
230 Posts
I guess if you want to spend your money on something that has not been an issue in any of your gun, you go right ahead. :rofl:
Reading comprehension. He said he had a part failure on his guide rod in the first 1000 rounds. It is not a secret that the baby glocks have had more reliability issues with their guide rods than the other Glock models. Any amount of time spent on this and other gun forums will provide enough examples to know that it happens. It doesn't happen all the time, but it is known that baby glocks require more maintenance and regular guide rod replacement than the other models.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
If you don't mind me asking what is the point of a steel rod?
I know mine has a plastic one I just dont see or understand the need for a metal one.Is it that you just prefer the metal over the plastic ones?I can understand that if that is the deal since steel should be alot stronger then the plastic but why would one of those rods break anyways

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.