Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up a G26 and want to use it as a boot gun for riding my bike. Any help with a good/comfortable ankle holster will be appreciated.

·
MENACE
1,055 Posts
Been there, done that!!!
I have the Fobus ankle holster for the G26 sitting in my dead holster box!!
The gun is to heavy for comfortable ankle carry!!
Also, ankle carry probably is the most cumbersome way to hoof a gun that has ever been devised by man!!!
By the time you get the strap tight enough to keep the gun from flopping around when you walk, you've cut the circulation off to your foot!!
Also, unless you are wearing bell bottom jeans, the gun will print like a (insert common term for a female dog here)!!! :wow:
But if you want to give it a try, e-mail or PM me with your snail mail address and I'll box the beast up and send it to you, gratis, just to get it out of my already crowded box!!!

[email protected]

·
Señor Member
9,710 Posts
I echo denfoote.

·
John 3:16
6,561 Posts
Been there, done that!!!
Also, ankle carry probably is the most cumbersome way to hoof a gun that has ever been devised by man!!!
By the time you get the strap tight enough to keep the gun from flopping around when you walk, you've cut the circulation off to your foot!!
Also, unless you are wearing bell bottom jeans, the gun will print like a (insert common term for a female dog here)!!! :wow:
But if you want to give it a try, e-mail or PM me with your snail mail address and I'll box the beast up and send it to you, gratis, just to get it out of my already crowded box!!!

[email protected]
Exactly it was like duct taping a brick to my ankle, the only thing that might work is a Keltec P3AT or Ruger LCP

·
your 6 is my 12
478 Posts
Dude,
take him up on the free or low cost fobus. I have one and love it. I have carried that way with a 26 and 23. 23 is a little big, but it is very comfortable.

I love mine.

Oh, I don't have or want bell bottoms and it does not print with any of my pants (jeans or slacks)

·
Armed & Safe
2,196 Posts
I carry my G26 as a BUG in a Galco Ankle Glove at least a couple times a week. After a few minutes, I forget it's there. And I only have printing problems with straight leg jeans, of which I only own, and can fit into, one pair.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Uncle Mike's Sidekick. It's smaller and a little more streamlines than the Fobus. It is a little heavy at first, I have a 27, but it gets better. Deffinately need a boot to cushion it, it's rough with just socks. I have a buddy who carries his 36 on his ankle, of course he's a big dude, and it dosen't bother him at all. I have no printing problems, but I like it closer to the hands. Cumbersome to draw from you ankle.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I have the galco ankle holster for my g27. It's a great quality holster and carries the weight well but it's a straight up carry. But the G26/27 prints in every pants I have so it's useless. The guns are just too big to not print. I wonder if a forward cant ankle holster would work???

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I have an Uncle Mikes and carry my G26 almost all day-everyday while working. I do admit that the holster was a little flimsy when I bought it, but I beefed it up with some extra straps off a back/lifting belt parts that I sewed to it, and it's so secure now I can run and it won't budge.

I guess it's one of those things you will just have to try to see if it works for you.

GooDay

****:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
carry my 26 5 days a week 10+ hours a day as backup weapon in my galco ankle holster with no problems and no printing(even with pearce grip extension) in jeans . Must be because I'm a bigger guy but it's weight doesn't bother me either. Had my 26 for 18 months and do not miss carrying my S&W 640 or Keltech 32

·
Front Sight
891 Posts
I use the Alessi ankle holster all the time. If I were on a bike I would prefer an IWB holster. Perhaps a sidearmor . Just my $.02

·
Registered
210 Posts
I just got a Bianchi ankle holster for my G26 last week. I will say that it definately takes some getting used to, but it's starting to agree with me. I would never carry my primary on my ankle, though, unless I had no other options available.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Been there, done that!!!

[email protected]
Thanks for the advice. email sent. I hope to wear it under a boot while on long motorcycle rides with the wife. She loves the open road the thunder between her legs. She likes the bike too. :rofl:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Been there, done that!!!

[email protected]

Guess you sent it to FL. I lost out. Just Bad Form if you ask me. Should have let me reply on if I wanted it or not. Enjoy Tango

1 - 16 of 16 Posts