close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 26 Accuracy Problem...?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by tucson, Sep 10, 2002.

1. tucson

tucson

A friend and both have G26 pistols. No matter how carefully we shoot, the G26's seem to want to shoot low and to the left. Is this an inherent characteristic of the pistol because of its small grip or some other factor?

I do not have this problem with my other Glocks or other pistols in general. The only other pistol I recall having such difficulty with was a Kel-Tec 9mm--also with a very small grip.

My diminuitive Kahr , however, shoots to the point of aim.

Any comments on the G26? Am considering selling it if I cannot get it to shoot well.

Please advise. Thanks.

2. Ken Rainey

Ken Rainey 1 WILD PIG

Check your trigger finger placement during trigger pull. You need to fit the trigger between the joint and tip of the finger and press the trigger to the rear. Usually, having too much finger on the trigger or the squeeze (tending to push left for right handed shooters or right for left handed shooters) or both results in low left (or right) shots. Most of the time this helps, but you also have to consider the ammo and your sights if you know (bench rest) it's not you. Good luck, Ken

3. TimC

TimC Uhavthecontrols

I've had a G26 for a month or so now, and still getting used to it. However, it has proven quite accurate already out to 50' for me. I've read that it is as accurate as any Glock when you get more experience with the smaller frame.