close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 26/27 in pocket holster.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by shotokit, Jul 6, 2006.

1. shotokit

shotokit

Hello!

I'm the first one to say that the G26/27 is heavy for pocket carry, but I love my G26 so much that I keep trying to put it in my pocket.
    I'm trying to see how it looks in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster.
    Anyone of you guys carry it in a Nemesis pocket holster? Could you please post pictures?

Thanks!

2. Hugo R

Hugo R Gaff G26 User!

Just Google "pocket holsters" which is what I just did and you'll find a plethora of pocket holsters...even for the G26!

3. Nosmik

Nosmik

I love my 26 but for pocket holster... not a chance. I use a C-TAC slide for it or Smartcarry with great results.

Good luck.

4. Eliakim

Eliakim

I've been walking around with a new G27 in a Nemesis in my front pocket [levis jeans] for the last few days. I don't see what the big deal is. The Glock is bigger and heavier than a S&W Airweight J-frame, but not so much heavier to be uncomfortable. At least not for me. My G27 is stock without a grip extender.

I say buy a Nemesis and try it. For the price you can't go far wrong to try it even if you eventually choose to carry in another type of holster.

5. dhoomonyou

dhoomonyou

If you pocket carry, be sure you have a GOOD belt that will support the load.

6. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

Have you lost your pants before?

7. keeper85

keeper85

I have used pocket carry for my 27 without problem. It was in Cargo shorts with large pockets. The holster hides the shape of the gun.
    While it is very rare I use this it still is an option.

8. blinkin357

blinkin357

I carry my G27 in a Nemesis holster often but usually not in jeans except arount my home since it sets too high and is visible above the pocket lip.

I usually carry the G27/Nemesis in Docker style slacks with square-bottom deep pockets. The size seems to disappear in Dockers and the weapon is easily drawn if needed. I've bought similar slacks, not Dockers, and found the pointed pocket bottoms don't accomodate my G27 as well.

For deeper concealment, I sometimes carry a S&W 442 J-frame revolver in a Nemesis holster. This is a smaller, lighter weapon and conceals nicely in Jeans or shorts pockets.

9. shotokit

shotokit

Thanks everyone!

I've tried a couple times already with the G26 in my pocket and feels ok. I don't know for long periods of time but so far it's fine.

10. FJC

FJC

I carry mine in a pocket holster VERY frequently. Usually an Uncle Mikes #4 pocket holster, but I did recently buy a PCS "Harpoon" leather holster. Haven't had a chance to break that in yet.

I find that it disappears in some of my pants pockets. The best are various shorts I have that have a very deep front pocket, PLUS a cargo pocket that is on top of that deep pocket. In effect, the cargo pocket helps hide the contents of the deep pocket, breaking up the blockiness of the Glock outline.

Columbia "Cliff Lakes II" style shorts are perfect for this, deepest pockets I've found. My G26 just disappears in them.

And so much more conforting to have 10+1 9mm rather than 5 rounds of .38 from my j-frame, which is what I previously most commonly pocket carried.

11. 6734

I often carry a 27 in a pocket holster, and it is definitely a little brick, but you can make it work. I especially like the kydex pocket holsters from grandfather oak as the summer months here will make a leather or horsehide pocket holster get really soft and nasty in a hurry. The website is www.grandfatheroak.com

Mine was around $15 if I recall correctly, and well worth it. It gets used a lot more than my $45 galco horsehide one.

12. TexasGlock23

TexasGlock23 Salty Collar

13. Turtle Guy

Turtle Guy Elder Statesman

[​IMG]

Here is a photo of my G26 in my new Galco pocket holster. I have a Hogue grip and a GAP extension on my 26 also.

I also have an Uncle Mike's pocket holster for my Walther P22 which will fit my G26, but it slides around too much. I like the Galco much better.

The Galco does not print and nobody has detected it in my pocket. I have not tried it with jeans.

14. BustedFlush

BustedFlush Springy Member

I pocket carry a S&W J frame.

I rarely do that with my 26 or 27.

Need bigger pockets I guess.

BF ;)

15. Glockerfella

Glockerfella Whoops

Here is my g26 with Galco pocket holster.

[​IMG]

16. BustedFlush

BustedFlush Springy Member

17. Brigrat

Brigrat

I normally pocket carry a S&W 642, but am large enough that I once pocket carried a Ruger P95...6'2 265...

The G26, or G27 are perfect for pocket carry IMHO...

18. shotokit

shotokit

Today, a few months later, I still pocket carry my glock subcompact...a G33 now instead of the G26.

19. Lowrider 49

Lowrider 49

Excuse me.....is that your Glock or are you happy to see me?

20. Darwinkle

Darwinkle

I did.:rofl: